Link to Leader and Clerk Resources lost

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
SumRunner

Link to Leader and Clerk Resources lost

Post by SumRunner »

Over the weekend I lost the link under my name to Leader and Clerk Resources. I can still access this using an old link I had (it's not a permissions issue), but I don't see how to access this critical page from the lds.org site.

I'm the stake clerk.

Did this disappear for everyone else? Or just stake clerks? Or just me?
Biggles

Re: Link to Leader and Clerk Resources lost

Post by Biggles »

I noticed the same this this morning, but later in the day I discovered that it is now above the dotted line on the Tools menu. I'm sure when I first noticed the link was missing, it wasn't anywhere on the drop down list!

So I think it vanished for everyone, but it could be an intermittent problem as I'm sure I didn't have a problem yesterday!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The Leader and Clerk Resources link on the Tools menu was moved up the list. In the previous version the LCR link was at the bottom. Just take a closer look at the Tools menu list. It is still there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
SumRunner

Post by SumRunner »

Well, I'll be... There it is. I looked and looked but it's right there, just higher in the list.

Well hopefully this thread helps other lost souls like me in the future. Thanks for posting what should have been obvious!
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jdlessley wrote:The Leader and Clerk Resources link on the Tools menu was moved up the list. In the previous version the LCR link was at the bottom. Just take a closer look at the Tools menu list. It is still there.
As you rightly point out it has moved up the list, but from my own experience this appears to have just occurred today as it was in the normal position (below dotted line) up until trying to access it this morning.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I noticed the change during my stake presidency and PEC meetings last night. I started to panic because I could not find it, thinking I had lost some privileges. Then I saw it above the line, and relaxed.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

lds.org/leader is a bookmark of mine. ;)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Note that there is a significant implication in the fact that Leader and Clerk Resources has been moved above the line. That link is now visible to everyone before they sign in to LDS.org. Of course, just like many of the other links above the line, following the link doesn't mean you will be able to get to the site. If you are not signed in to LDS.org when you click the LCR link, you'll still have to sign in before you can get to the site. And if you don't have access to LCR via your calling, you'll see an Access Denied message. But if you're on LDS.org but not yet signed in, it's convenient to be able to click the link and then sign in, and be taken directly to the site.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”