v2.7 Ward Callings Can't Create Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

v2.7 Ward Callings Can't Create Events

Post by richmanll »

My wife is the ward Relief Society President and I am the High Priest Group Leader and neither of us can enter an event on the calendar. It doesn't allow us to enter a facility (building). Is this a known bug?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: v2.7 Ward Callings Can't Create Events

Post by russellhltn »

1) Your calling must be entered into MLS as a "standard position". Custom positions grant no rights.

2) Your calling doesn't automatically grant you rights to a calendar. That has to be set up by the ward. I'd suggest discussing it with a member of the bishopric. Once an appropriate calendar is created and editor rights set up (preferably by calling), then you can schedule events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It's also possible that your stake has not set up your buildings to allow them to be scheduled. In that case, someone (probably a member of your bishopric or your ward clerk) would need to contact the stake clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:It's also possible that your stake has not set up your buildings to allow them to be scheduled. In that case, someone (probably a member of your bishopric or your ward clerk) would need to contact the stake clerk.
Re-reading the original post, that's most likely the problem. Either it's not set up properly, or some stakes don't allow wards to do their own scheduling of the building. Either way, it's a matter to discuss with the stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richmanll »

I had rights last week. The clerk didn't change anything. The stake didn't change anything. They are at a loss as to what happened. The only thing that changed was v2.7. Our building scheduler benjamingolightly recently posted that he can't see the calendars. https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=20612
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

richmanll wrote:I had rights last week. The clerk didn't change anything. The stake didn't change anything. They are at a loss as to what happened. The only thing that changed was v2.7
I'm unaware of anything in 2.7 that change that functionally. If others were affected, I think we'd see a lot more posts along that line.

richmanll wrote:Our building scheduler benjamingolightly recently posted that he can't see the calendars. https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=20612
That sounds like a different problem. No one has ever been able to see calendars for other units.

The only thing that I'm aware of that changed is the the restrictions calender moved and the restrictions may be hidden. See 2.7 FAQ.

richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richmanll »

russellhltn,

Thanks so much for your attention to this. I just tracked down our ward clerk and he has the same problem. He can see all the various ward calendars, but when he tries to add an event to any of the calendars, he puts in all the information, then clicks on "Church Facility," and there is nothing in the drop-down menu. Clicking "Create Event" does nothing, presumably because we haven't selected a Church Facility.

We are Hunter 6th Ward (2178), and I've verified in CDOL that the ward positions are correct for the Clerk, myself (HP Group Leader), and my wife (RS president).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

richmanll wrote:but when he tries to add an event to any of the calendars, he puts in all the information, then clicks on "Church Facility," and there is nothing in the drop-down menu.
In order to get "Church Facility" I think you have to select a calendar. So I think you're doing that OK. So what you describe seems to be a symptom of all the buildings in your stake not set to allow scheduling. That's something the stake is going to have to fix by going to Gear icon > Locations.

richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richmanll »

Thanks so much. Let me work with the stake people and see if we can solve it.

Return to “Calendar”