Clerk Printer for MLS

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
kylehart

Clerk Printer for MLS

Post by kylehart »

So I understand the FM group handles clerk computer refreshes on a 5 year cycle.

What about the printer used for the clerk's computer for MLS work?

Is this also refreshed at 5 years? By the FM group?

(Getting a "time to replace the toner drum" message and I'll replace it; unless a new printer is coming soon).

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Clerk Printer for MLS

Post by eblood66 »

kylehart wrote:So I understand the FM group handles clerk computer refreshes on a 5 year cycle.

What about the printer used for the clerk's computer for MLS work?

Is this also refreshed at 5 years? By the FM group?

(Getting a "time to replace the toner drum" message and I'll replace it; unless a new printer is coming soon).

Thanks
I believe that printers are replaced on a 'when broken and repair costs too much' basis. We had the same printer for 7 years when I was a clerk. I'm pretty sure they haven't replaced it in the 6 months since then. We had 3 different computers during that time. Of course, FM group practices have been known vary from area to area. So you may want to check with your own group to be sure.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The Meetinghouse Technology Policy says printers are "repaired, upgraded, and replaced by the FM group in compliance with MFD standard plans." Now, if we could just see those MFD plans ....

The older Policies and Guidelines for Computers Used by Clerks for Church Record Keeping says the computer is replaced on a 5 year schedule, but says nothing about scheduled replacements for printers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

eblood66 wrote:I believe that printers are replaced on a 'when broken and repair costs too much' basis. ... Of course, FM group practices have been known vary from area to area. So you may want to check with your own group to be sure.
This is how it works with my FM Office. Same for monitors.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”