Suggestions

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
Barichter

Suggestions

Post by Barichter »

Please point me to the right location if this is not where suggestions go or someone already provided these.

1. When doing "Search Records" there should be the option to exclude records already attached to the person. Indexing is providing new records occasionally it would be nice to be able to search them without needing to wee through the records that have already been attached.

2. I'd like to see a "bread-crumb" style indication of how to get from the ancestor I am currently looking at back to me. When you are many generations back and your ancestors have many children, it can be very difficult to click your way back up the tree to yourself. I think a little icon or some indicator next to the ancestor that is in your direct line would be nice.

3. A relationship calculator. I want to be able to tell if this is my third cousin, twice removed, or what not. :)

Thanks,

Bret
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Suggestions

Post by russellhltn »

Posting here can get you feedback on the idea from the community. But I think the best way to send feedback for consideration is to use the feedback link at the bottom of the FamilySearch website.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”