IOS All Children section

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rhernandezbg

IOS All Children section

Post by rhernandezbg »

I have a couple of members where I can see their children under the ISO "All Children" section but I'm not able to find the children on MLS or the LDS web site. Do you have an idea of why and what I can do to fix this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ISO All Children section

Post by russellhltn »

Do you mean the IOS (Individual Ordinance Summary)? The children (and parents) shown there is just genealogical information. They could be in a different ward, non-members, or even deceased and they will still show there.

The fact that it doesn't show anywhere else means you do NOT have their membership records in the ward. It's possible they don't even have a membership record or a "member of record" record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rhernandezbg

Post by rhernandezbg »

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, i'm taking about the "individual ordinance summary" report and I was not aware that this report can look at information that it is not in the ward.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rhernandezbg wrote:Thank you very much for your response. Yes, i'm taking about the "individual ordinance summary" report and I was not aware that this report can look at information that it is not in the ward.
You can see the same information in MLS by going to the individual's record and clicking on the Children tab. This should show the same information as the IOS or membership record printout. But as russellhltn said this is personal information only and doesn't indicate the children are in the ward. If you click on the name and they are in the ward then it should show their record. If they are not in the ward then it will just show a popup window with additional details about the child.

You should be able to also see this information in LCR when looking at the individual's record and clicking on the Family tab.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:You can see the same information in MLS by going to the individual's record and clicking on the Children tab.
And just as a forewarning: Many seem to get confused between "Household Members" on a Household record and the "Children" tab on a Individual record. Same issue. The individual record will show all relationships even if they are not in the ward, whereas the Household record will only show members in the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rhernandezbg

Re: IOS All Children section

Post by rhernandezbg »

Yes, that is exactly what was happening to me. I was getting confuse between the "Household members" information on the household record and the "Children tab" information on the individual record. It makes sense to me at this time and I want to take all who responded to this post because you help me clarify my confusion.

Return to “Membership Help”