Calendar 2.7 Issues with Locations and Unit Restrictions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jelt

Calendar 2.7 Issues with Locations and Unit Restrictions

Post by jelt »

I like the 2.7 calendar overall, but I've encountered two issues:

1 - When selecting a Church Facility location for an event, I cannot click on the radial button next to Church Facility, or on the word Church. I have to click on the word Facility before it will recognize the selection. I am a stake clerk and already received a call from a ward clerk who thought he couldn't select a facility because of this issue. This may be unique to Chrome . . . I haven't tried other browsers yet.

2 - When I try to create a restriction, I can only restrict it to one of the units assigned to the first location in my list. I'm a stake clerk and have assigned myself as a scheduler for each of the buildings in my stake. When I try to create a restriction for the 1st building in my list, it works OK. For the 2nd and subsequent buildings, though, I can only select one of the units assigned to the first building. It doesn't update the unit restriction list for other buildings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 2.7 Issues with Locations and Unit Restrictions

Post by russellhltn »

jelt wrote:1 - When selecting a Church Facility location for an event, I cannot click on the radial button next to Church Facility, or on the word Church. I have to click on the word Facility before it will recognize the selection. I am a stake clerk and already received a call from a ward clerk who thought he couldn't select a facility because of this issue. This may be unique to Chrome . . . I haven't tried other browsers yet.
I'm noticing something that I think explains the problem. Depending on the browser screen size, the text "No Facility" part word-wraps bit by bit under "Church Facility". This seems to affect Chrome when the page first loads - I think the map for "No Facility" or just "Facility" overlaps the space for the button or "Church". If I change the screen size, so there's no word-wrap, it's fine.

I also note that at some point it starts working - it can switch back with either the button or the word "Church". I have to re-load the page to get the problem to re-appear.

IE11 seems to protect this better - I'm not able to duplicate it there.

I think the solution is to make sure "No facility" word-wraps as a complete unit and not break into parts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This can be done on the developers' end by putting in a non-breaking space ( ) instead of a simple space.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Thanks for reporting this and the helpful information. Added to our issues to get fixed quickly. Dave Crockett - calendar product manager.

Return to “Calendar”