Pixelated pics in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
strauba

Pixelated pics in directory

Post by strauba »

When uploading JPG or PNG files for family or individuals, with or without resizing, via Chrome or Safari, on a Mac, the pics are pixelated.

Anything that will fix the issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Pixelated pics in directory

Post by russellhltn »

What size are you uploading? I'd think pixelation would come from some kind of attempt to upsize or downsize the photos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
strauba

Post by strauba »

Thanks for the response.

Doesn't matter what size. I have done the native size of the picture and resized it to the 500x375 pixel parameters outlined on the directory website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this only for new pics you upload or do you see the same problem with older pics?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
strauba

Post by strauba »

Haven't tried older pics because I'm trying to post updated pics of each of our family members for Ward and Stake use. Helps with putting names with faces for callings, visits, talks, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sorry, what I meant was do you see the problem for older pics already in the directory, or only on the ones you uploaded recently? I'm trying to verify it's a new problem and it's on the upload side. Not something on the display side.

strauba

Post by strauba »

Thanks for the clarification.

Looks some are good and some are not. Don't know which pics have been updated recently however. Sorry I'm not more help there.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've been regularly uploading photos via Chrome on a Mac for the last 2 months and have had no problems with this. It's probably been 2 weeks since I've uploaded photos, though, so maybe there's a new problem?
richardalanwhite

Post by richardalanwhite »

I upload pictures for a YSA ward. I have also had problems with severe pixilation in the last few months. This started approximately 3 months ago. Older pictures uploaded prior to this problem still appear fine. I upload images in the original format and assume the website is reducing the size of the pictures during the upload process.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I upload photos regularly and haven't noticed any issues with pixelation. I edit and crop the photos before I upload them.

Are you uploading pictures straight from the camera, or do you edit them before uploading them?

For clarification: are you seeing pixelation or moiré patterns?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”