v2.7: Error when generating PDF for printing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bromark

v2.7: Error when generating PDF for printing

Post by bromark »

[Moderator Note: This topic was split out from v2.7: Blank Printing, since it deals with a separate issue.]
fguthier wrote:
dahlfam wrote:The print calendar events is not working with this new release. I can print events in a month that are tied to a location but what I really need is to print all of the events from a calendar. Most of the events on this stake calendar are not tied to a location therefore do not print. This was working on the prior version and I am needing to print this ASAP for our stake directory
Also recognized that. Thats important to fix. Is there at least a workaround for now?
Regards
Flo
I also noticed print problem, the message says something about not being able to create the pdf. I tried to download the pdf anyway and there was nothing in the downloaded file.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: v2.7 bug: Blank agenda printing

Post by russellhltn »

I get "Error creating PDF" regardless of which type of calendar I select.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: v2.7 bug: Blank printing

Post by russellhltn »

Still not working for me. Regardless of type or date range. If I try to download a PDF, I get a file, but it's corrupted.
Attachments
Cal_PrintError.png
(48.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Still not working for me. Regardless of type or date range. If I try to download a PDF, I get a file, but it's corrupted.
This sounds like a different issue -- everyone else reporting here could successfully print (even before the fix), but the calendar was blank.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The problem appears to be the locations. If I add certain locations, I get the error. If I remove them, I get a preview. Out of 6 locations, only 2 do not give me any errors. Some locations that create the error have minimal or even no events. The error happens across multiple months, so I don't think it's event related.

I'm unable to see any pattern.

walterfwildman

Post by walterfwildman »

Jeff..
So you can put you efforts to the best use. I have check out the print problem. I appears to be only on Default Administrators. Users with View only access and added administrators can print.
Calender editors entered by name work ok. I did not check by calendar editors by position.
AT least we can get a calendar printer if we need by having one of the view only members log on to LDS.ORG.
Thank you in advance for your hard work and efforts.
Stake Website Administrator of my Stake.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

walterfwildman wrote:I have check out the print problem. I appears to be only on Default Administrators.
I suppose it's possible that this printing problem only happens to default administrators, but it definitely doesn't happen to all default administrators -- I am a default administrator, and I have never seen an error generating the PDF for printing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I have never seen an error generating the PDF for printing.
And I assume you've selected all the locations in your stake when trying to print? (Just double-checking.)

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:I have never seen an error generating the PDF for printing.
And I assume you've selected all the locations in your stake when trying to print? (Just double-checking.)
Yep. No error. I've included restrictions or not, I've included any or all or none of the locations, I've tried Week, Agenda, and Month view. It always generates the PDF with no error.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: v2.7: Error when generating PDF for printing

Post by russellhltn »

I did finally spot a pattern, but it doesn't make much sense. The two locations that work are multi-ward buildings. If I look at the number of units assigned it's 4-5. But all the locations that don't work are single unit locations. Only the stake and the one ward are assigned. But assigning additional units didn't fix it. I've tried every option I can think of to make this other locations work with no luck.

Return to “Calendar”