v2.7: Stake events disappeared

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
joelrossc

v2.7: Stake events disappeared

Post by joelrossc »

The new calendar looks great, but most of our events for the stake have disappeared. Any idea on how to get those back or where they went?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: v2.7: Stake events disappeared

Post by aebrown »

joelrossc wrote:The new calendar looks great, but most of our events for the stake have disappeared. Any idea on how to get those back or where they went?
I still see all the events for my stake. Have you made sure that for each of the stake calendars you are interested in, you have subscribed as well as made the calendar visible by checking the box by the calendar in the list on the left side of the page?
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

I looked at all of that. I'm subscribed to all the calendars. The events also disappeared for our building scheduler and stake clerks. We can't figure out what settings we could adjust.

Joel
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

Looks like I found it. What does the restrictions check box mean?
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

I also noticed that in the prior version if you hovered the mouse pointer over the event you could get some details. Some of that doesn't seem to come up now. Is there another setting for that?
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

Also the older calendar version in the week view would indicate the building on the event. I can't tell the building unless I click on the event. The old color coding was nice.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joelrossc wrote:Looks like I found it. What does the restrictions check box mean?
Apparently your stake events are not events at all but restrictions. This really limits the visibility of those events. And depending on how they are set up, they might not be booking the building as expected - which could lead to double-booking.

Putting a check in the check box makes restrictions visible in the calendar. It does not turn off events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, unfortunately in the past many building schedulers use restrictions to reserve the building instead of events. The new UI will steer them in the right direction now. But, by default those restrictions were off in the new UI and not displayed. However, today at about 2:00 p.m., for all building schedulers in the system, we set their UI to show the restrictions too. They can now selectively turn them off if they wish. We were getting lots of panic from schedulers that we lost their data. It is all still there. Dave Crockett - calendar product manager.

Return to “Calendar”