v2.7: Building icon color doesn't match

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

v2.7: Building icon color doesn't match

Post by RBeatse »

The building icon next to events does not color correctly to match the color that is set for that location. They are colored to match the color of the calendar that they are on, which defeats the purpose of the icon. In Week view, the buildings are all colored white if on a colored calendar bar or black on a white calendar bar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: v2.7: Building icon color doesn't match

Post by aebrown »

RBeatse wrote:The building icon next to events does not color correctly to match the color that is set for that location. They are colored to match the color of the calendar that they are on, which defeats the purpose of the icon. In Week view, the buildings are all colored white if on a colored calendar bar or black on a white calendar bar.
I see this too, and I agree that it is a problem. It doesn't help a bit to see the icon in the color of the calendar, but it was very helpful in previous versions to have the icon match the color of the building. I hope this can be fixed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

We can select colors for the buildings, but it doesn't apply to displayed calendar events - only to "location event" display.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Calendar events are always the color of the calendar they are on. The icon of the building is in the corner is the color of the building.

Building calendars do color events there color if they are not tied to any organization aka calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffevannelson wrote:The icon of the building is in the corner is the color of the building.
That's what I'd expect, but not what I'm seeing. I've tried IE11 and Chrome.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

russellhltn wrote:
jeffevannelson wrote:The icon of the building is in the corner is the color of the building.
That's what I'd expect, but not what I'm seeing. I've tried IE11 and Chrome.
Not seeing it in multiple browsers on an iPad either (Safari, Chrome, Atomic Web, etc.). I never realized how much I rely on that as a scheduler for all the buildings in my Stake.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

I believe I understand and see the problem - Dave Crockett (calendar product manager)
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Someone get that man a cookie!!
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Yes I see the problem now The Building Icon is going with the calendar color for some reason I misunderstood. So yes this is a problem we are looking at thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I do think it looks nicer this way, but for those that have been using that feature, I can see how it can be frustrating. All I use the building icon for is to see if an event is actually tied to any specific location.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”