You have 1 new messages to read

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

You have 1 new messages to read

Post by aclawson »

So says the entry on my urgent tasks list. But there are no unread messages. How can I clear this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: You have 1 new messages to read

Post by lajackson »

aclawson wrote:So says the entry on my urgent tasks list. But there are no unread messages. How can I clear this?
If you look carefully, you probably have a blank unread message in MLS that you are not able to delete. It is usually at the end of the list in your inbox.

Find the message and click with the mouse on the envelope. Using the Delete key (the actual key on the keyboard), delete the message.

Go to the deleted messages folder and find the blank message. Use the Delete key to delete it again.

The urgent message should go away.

The trick is that you have to use the key on the keyboard to delete the message. Using the mouse and the menu does not work.
richardroper

Post by richardroper »

I have a similar problem - it says I have 8 unread messages, but I have read and archived them all. How do I reset this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Look for blank messages as described in the post immediately preceding yours. If you find one or more, follow those instructions, being particular to use the Delete key itself.

If that does not work, you may have a database problem, and it would be worth a call to Local Unit Support.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”