Help with viewing and printing member addresses

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jasondavie

Help with viewing and printing member addresses

Post by jasondavie »

I'm just wondering how to view and/or print a list of the ward members which includes the members' addresses from LCR.

I have auxiliary leaders asking me how to print lists of the members in their auxiliaries and I don't know what to tell them, since I can't work out how to print a list showing addresses myself, and I'm a clerk!

The lists only show name, endowed, sealed to spouse, gender, age, birth date, phone number and email, but NO ADDRESS field!

If my quorum or auxiliary leaders want a list of the members in their groups I have to use MLS to print one which shows addresses.

Could someone please instruct me how to print one from LDS.org/LCR which shows addresses of relevant members?
jasondavie

Re: Help with viewing and printing member addresses

Post by jasondavie »

I found this previous reply to basically the same topic located here....

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=20076

What a strange feature or lack thereof!!!!!

So basically, our relief society president can't print a list of the members of her group which shows addresses! We have an extremely transient ward, with address details changing for members each and every week and multiple baptisms almost every week. It would be so nice if auxiliary and quorum leaders could view a list generated by themselves from LCR and then let me know if there are any changes to their members' details so I can then change them.

As it is, I have to use scores of sheets of paper to print current address lists for the 14 missionaries we have serving in the ward and EQ, HP, RS1 and RS2, etc due to all of the changes constantly happening. It would be awesome if this could be done at home or at least for a clerk to be able to print a list to PDF showing addresses of auxiliary or quorum members and then email it to the more restricted users of LCR as above.

PLEASE tell me that someone is at least working on this basic feature for a future release!
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Not sure why you couldn't use the directory to print anything you need.... Anyone can print lists from the Directory with multiple options. Am I missing something in the reason you would like to use the LCR to print lists?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:Am I missing something in the reason you would like to use the LCR to print lists?
Unless you're part of a bishopric, the Directory will not show members who have set their privacy options to "Leaders Only". I'd hope that LCR will show all members that a given leader has stewardship over.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

All I want to do is print a list from LCR showing members' addresses. Can someone help me know how to do that?

The leaders in my ward need this function so that they can print lists of the members in their quorum, group or auxiliary.

As it is, only the member's email addresses, age, phone number, etc show up in a printed list of members from LCR. Is there some kind of option that needs to be adjusted so I can access these 'multiple options' that zaneclark mentioned?

Unfortunately, as it is, LCR does NOT show members' addresses that a given leader has stewardship over in a list/printed format. That is, of course, unless I'm missing a setting or option that allows this that I simply can't find.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jasondavie wrote:All I want to do is print a list from LCR showing members' addresses. Can someone help me know how to do that?
There is no such feature on LCR at this point. Mailing addresses are not included in any of the LCR Membership lists (they are included in the Move In Report, but of course that's not what you are asking about). You can certainly request that enhancement using the Feedback link.
jasondavie wrote:As it is, only the member's email addresses, age, phone number, etc show up in a printed list of members from LCR. Is there some kind of option that needs to be adjusted so I can access these 'multiple options' that zaneclark mentioned?
The "multiple options" that zaneclark mentioned were in the context of the Directory, not LCR. Generating lists from the Directory could certainly meet the needs of some organization leaders, but probably not all, given the privacy settings and the fact that some useful information that is on LCR is not included in the Directory.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are auxiliary presidencies able to see member addresses in other parts of Leader and Clerk Resources, or is it not shown anywhere (except to other leaders such as clerks or bishops)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:Are auxiliary presidencies able to see member addresses in other parts of Leader and Clerk Resources, or is it not shown anywhere (except to other leaders such as clerks or bishops)?
I'm not following what you are driving at here. This discussion is about seeing street addresses in the Membership List. No one, not even clerks and bishops, can see street addresses there. That makes it clear that it is not a question of permissions -- it's simply that the Membership List is not currently designed to include the street address. So it wouldn't make any difference whether auxiliary presidencies could see those addresses in the few other parts of LCR that show them.

But to answer your question, yes, auxiliary presidencies can see street addresses in the Moved In Report and the Birthday List, the same as clerks/bishoprics.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

OK. That significantly lowers the severity of the problem for auxiliary leaders; though it's still an annoyance, at least it doesn't have to be a complete hinderance.

If auxiliary leaders couldn't get to the address anywhere, I'd be much more concerned (it would be a bug rather than a planning oversight).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:
aebrown wrote:But to answer your question, yes, auxiliary presidencies can see street addresses in the Moved In Report and the Birthday List, the same as clerks/bishoprics.
OK. That significantly lowers the severity of the problem for auxiliary leaders; though it's still an annoyance, at least it doesn't have to be a complete hinderance.

If auxiliary leaders couldn't get to the address anywhere, I'd be much more concerned (it would be a bug rather than a planning oversight).
I don't see how the addresses on the move-in report and birthday list are all that helpful.

But at the same time it's not like the auxiliary leaders were specifically excluded - just that the needed listing isn't on LCR. I think what's needed is something like the directory, but allows viewing of "leader only" families that the users has stewardship over. From what's been stated elsewhere, that logic is easier to do in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”