MLS displays wrong temple recommend number

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

MLS displays wrong temple recommend number

Post by drepouille »

This may be a security feature, but I thought it curious. Last night, I activated my own new temple recommend using the stake MLS. Yes, I know this function is migrating to Leader and Clerk Resources, but I used MLS anyway, just for old-times' sake.

I used the bar code scanner to enter the recommend number, and the new recommend was activated. However, when I looked at the list of members, I noticed that my recommend number was displayed differently. I think the first six or so digits were correct, but the trailing digits were totally different.

When I clicked on the Edit link, the correct recommend number was displayed in the image of the recommend. Since the true recommend number is visible in this way, then why is the recommend number corrupted in the list of members?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS displays wrong temple recommend number

Post by scgallafent »

Sounds like a bug to me. I did a quick check and couldn't duplicate it, but I might not be getting the process right. If you can come up with a set of steps that duplicates it, we can log it and see what's going on.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I used the bar code scanner to enter the recommend number, and the new recommend was activated. However, when I looked at the list of members, I noticed that my recommend number was displayed differently. I think the first six or so digits were correct, but the trailing digits were totally different.
Is it possible you were looking at your old recommend number because the tab in MLS had not yet updated? Can you go back again and still see a different number?
dkmax

Post by dkmax »

We had an interesting experience in our stake. One of the recommend books had a defect on one page of recommends.

The white slip was shifted about 1/4 inch relative to the yellow and pink slips, so the perforation on the member's recommend was between his bar code and the bar code number. His recommend had a bar code on the left side (from the adjacent recommend) and his recommend number on the right side. The yellow slip was perforated correctly, so I had no clue that there would be a problem.

When he went to the temple, the brother at the recommend desk scanned his bar code and said, "Welcome to the temple, Sister Strong." Fortunately, he was a temple worker reporting to his shift and the brother at the recommend desk knew him, but he got his recommend replaced the next day.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”