MLS does not honor default browser

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

MLS does not honor default browser

Post by lajackson »

More and more on the membership side of MLS, the program offers us the opportunity to complete tasks at Leader and Clerk Resources. This is fine, but when we click on that button, Internet Explorer starts and tries to take us to the appropriate site. MLS takes us to IE, even when IE is not the default browser on the machine.

Is there any way to force MLS to go to the default browser, other than by trying to remove IE (not an easy task)?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS does not honor default browser

Post by scgallafent »

I just tested on my development machine and the links opened in Chrome. I'll test on the clerk computer the next time I'm at the computer.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

My experience is the same as lajackson. We have an old Dell ??? running Windows XP. Firefox is the default browser, but IE8 and Chrome are also installed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Thanks. I'm curious if it is a Windows 7 vs. Windows XP issue. We have an XP machine in our clerk's office, so I'll see if my results match yours. lajackson is also running XP, so that will tell me if it is consistent between the three.

If someone is running Windows 7 in their clerk's office and could test with Windows 7, that would be helpful.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

FYI
The default browser on our MLS installation is Chrome. IE8 is installed. We are running XP!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”