"All" Category

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

"All" Category

Post by zaneclark »

Unless I am missing something, there is not an All category in the ward listing as there is in the Stake. I would like this, as most of my news items at this time are for the whole ward, so I have to select each category. And I am going to submit this as Feedback...
eblood66

Re: "All" Category

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:Unless I am missing something, there is not an All category in the ward listing as there is in the Stake. I would like this, as most of my news items at this time are for the whole ward, so I have to select each category. And I am going to submit this as Feedback...
The "All" category (which should show up on the ward and stake level) means that you want to show articles from all categories. It isn't actually a category you can assign to an article. It sounds more like you want a General category (or some similar name) which is intended for a general audience. The ward would have to create such a category itself. You should talk to a ward administrator to do that.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Unless I am missing something, there is not an All category in the ward listing as there is in the Stake. I would like this, as most of my news items at this time are for the whole ward, so I have to select each category.
eblood66 gave the correct answer about what the "All" category means. But I would add that I see the "All" category for my ward (and my stake). I think it is quite strange that it wouldn't show up for you. Since it's not a real category, there's no way an administrator could accidentally delete it. So this is quite mysterious, and must be related to your ward's data, not to a general problem for all wards.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I need to clarify this a bit: In the Ward Newsletter, the category "All" does show in the list of categories on the right for viewers to click on, but it does not show in the list at the bottom of the page when choosing a category. However it does show in both places in the Stake Newsletter... I can't see that this is any kind of problem and I probably brought it up in the first place when I had too much time on my hands..... I will leave it alone now...
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:I need to clarify this a bit: In the Ward Newsletter, the category "All" does show in the list of categories on the right for viewers to click on, but it does not show in the list at the bottom of the page when choosing a category. However it does show in both places in the Stake Newsletter... I can't see that this is any kind of problem and I probably brought it up in the first place when I had too much time on my hands..... I will leave it alone now...
My guess is that the stake added a category named "All".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:However it does show in both places in the Stake Newsletter...
There's no "All" in our Stake newsletter for the author.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Newsletter”