No access to newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
rdpiepgrass

No access to newsletter

Post by rdpiepgrass »

For more than 3 weeks, I have had no access to the newsletter. Other people in our branch in the France Paris stake have also have tried unsuccessfully to access the page. We get a message that an error has occurred and to try again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No access to newsletter

Post by russellhltn »

What is the error you're getting?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rdpiepgrass

Post by rdpiepgrass »

The message I get is: An error has occurred. Please try your request again or return to the home page. The page is unstable - elements of the newsletter page go on/off and the page itself also goes on/off.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Which web browser are you using? Have you tried different web browsers to see if you get the same behavior?

Mentioning that the page is "unstable" makes me think of at least trying this. Many of the browsers auto-update themselves. You may not even realize you have a new version. I doubt that's the problem, but occasionally I've seen these updates cause problems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You said that other members of the branch have the same problem. What about other members of other wards/branches? I'm trying to figure out if it's something specific to your unit or more global to the country.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rdpiepgrass

Post by rdpiepgrass »

I appreciate your interest in this problem. I am using Google Chrome, but on your suggestion, I also tried FireFox and Explorer. Results are similar with all three - Newsletter will not open. The page is more "unstable" with Explorer and less with FireFox. As for other units in the stake, as far as I know our unit is the only one using the Newsletter. Has anyone else experienced such a problem?
mevans

Post by mevans »

See if you can get someone in another unit to try publishing an article and reading it. Or maybe you can get the stake to publish an article. It would be helpful to see if it's just your unit, or if others in the stake are having a problem.

Another thought: I wonder if there's a problem with the French localization? Can you try switching your language to English to see if it works in English?
rdpiepgrass

Post by rdpiepgrass »

I will revise my previous comment. In turns out that other people in my unit do have access to the newsletter, at least to open it, however no one has been able to post new articles. When attempting to post articles, the same error message appears. There must be something in my account preventing my access. Any suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I feel inclined to add a post to add additional perspective to a possibly global issue with Newsletter.

I am also having problems with Newsletter. My problems were first experienced a month or more ago. That first experience involved the error message coming up in Spanish. Changing the language identifier in the URL only changed the error message language and did nothing to bring up the page. The message presented in English is "An error has occurred. Please try your request again or return to the homepage."

For a few days about two weeks ago the site came up, in English, and I was able to add an article. But I could not attach documents. For days I continued to return to see what, or if anything, had changed. I eventually was able to add attachments.

I never thought much of returning to the site until today. I now cannot access the site again. The error message now comes up in Portuguese.

My calling is as an out of unit clerk in a young single adult branch. I had assumed originally that the site does not handle out of unit leaders well. But I cannot confirm that. I do know that when I can access the site that only the Newsletter for the unit in which I am serving is available. Unlike the other LDS.org tools, the Newsletter does not support multiple units. As such I cannot access my home ward Newsletter when I do have access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gregbishop

Post by gregbishop »

I'm having similar problems as well as several are having errors in our ward (yet some have no problems). After clearing cache and cookies, I can start the process of editing or creating an article but I have errors and then I lose admin access.
The rest of LDS.org continues to operate normally.
I'll submit feedback on the page to help with troubleshooting but it seems to be fairly universal problem.

Return to “Newsletter”