Move Ward Missionary funds around?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
tubaloth

Move Ward Missionary funds around?

Post by tubaloth »

This is probably a long shot. I'm always looking for an easier way to do things.

We have a missionary that came home early from his mission. The missionary still has money in the ward missionary account. The parent suggested we just split the money to two other missionaries in our ward.
Is there a way to just do this in MLS? Just move money around?

I realize I could just write out two checks from this account to the other missionaries. So print the check, and then just deposit it in again. I'm wondering if there is another way.

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Move Ward Missionary funds around?

Post by eblood66 »

tubaloth wrote:This is probably a long shot. I'm always looking for an easier way to do things.

We have a missionary that came home early from his mission. The missionary still has money in the ward missionary account. The parent suggested we just split the money to two other missionaries in our ward.
Is there a way to just do this in MLS? Just move money around?

I realize I could just write out two checks from this account to the other missionaries. So print the check, and then just deposit it in again. I'm wondering if there is another way.

Thanks
Yes, you can enter a transfer between missionary accounts. Just select Finance > Enter Transfers from the menu. Then enter the amount and account the funds are coming from on the left and the account the funds are going to on the right.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Move Ward Missionary funds around?

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:Just select Finance > Enter Transfers from the menu. Then enter the amount and account the funds are coming from on the left and the account the funds are going to on the right.
And note that on the right-hand side you can enter multiple lines, so you can do this in one transfer. On the left, you put $1000 coming from Elder Jones account (the missionary with the surplus); on the right, you put one line with $500 for Sister Smith, and another line with $500 for Elder Anderson.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”