Tithing from other wards

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
tubaloth

Tithing from other wards

Post by tubaloth »

As I was finally going through financial data/messages I got the message of list of tithing other people had paid to other wards. I printed them all out. I even started to give them out during tithing settlement. (This is the first time I had seen the church do this)

My question is
1. I'm guessing this doesn't add any records to our current list of tithing paid right? Its just a record that is printed.

2. If another new member just moved into our ward is there a way I could request this for them?
Maybe the church will just send it?

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Tithing from other wards

Post by eblood66 »

tubaloth wrote:As I was finally going through financial data/messages I got the message of list of tithing other people had paid to other wards. I printed them all out. I even started to give them out during tithing settlement. (This is the first time I had seen the church do this)

My question is
1. I'm guessing this doesn't add any records to our current list of tithing paid right? Its just a record that is printed.

2. If another new member just moved into our ward is there a way I could request this for them?
Maybe the church will just send it?
No, it doesn't add anything to your tithing donation records. I don't know of any way to request the form for members who have just moved in. The member can, of course, ask their previous ward to send them a statement of donations in that ward.

You will, however, get another message in January with the tax valid end-of-year statements. That message should include statements for all members of your ward (as of the end of the year) who paid in multiple wards during the year.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”