Can't hide ward events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
btphelps

Can't hide ward events

Post by btphelps »

I am both the Ward Membership Clerk and Webmaster / Events Scheduler, and the Stake Calendar Manager. Tonight, while setting up stake events, I don't have any ward calendars selected for display, but ALL of the ward events are displayed. I can't make them go away.

This seriously inhibits my ability to see and manage only stake events. What the heck is going on? '

Brian P
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't hide ward events

Post by russellhltn »

That's not a bug, that's a feature! (seriously)

You're probably in week view. In that mode, ALL events scheduled at the selected location also appears. Even events in other units that you otherwise have no access to.

To fix, unselect all locations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
btphelps

Post by btphelps »

Yes, you're right, I was in week view. What a bizarre user experience. Why should the behavior of the UI change between week and month view?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

btphelps wrote:Yes, you're right, I was in week view. What a bizarre user experience. Why should the behavior of the UI change between week and month view?
It's not so much the difference between week and month view. What you're really seeing is the difference it makes to check the boxes for the locations. That is what was causing so many additional events to show up.

In the beta version (which will presumably become the production version in the next few months), the month view also has the location check boxes, which makes the experience more consistent between month and week view.

Note that the location boxes are all unchecked by default, so you must have checked one or more of those boxes somewhere along the way.

Return to “Calendar”