Is there a way to focus on what's new since last login?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jmasters-p40

Is there a way to focus on what's new since last login?

Post by jmasters-p40 »

So I've tried out the forums a little bit, and there are a few issues I'm finding with regards to navigation and saving time.

The forums are multiple levels deep, and getting through the new contents in a forum is tedious.

There doesn't appear to be a way to focus on forum topics that have NEW content in them since last logon.

Additionally, I'll get to the end of a thread, and use the Next Thread link and it tells me there are no more topics. Huh??? So I'm forced to either use the hierarchical link at the upper left to move up and then over, or I use the back button and pick another topic. You want another forum altogether? That's TWO back button presses or using the hiearchical link.

Maybe I'm used to the PHP based bulletin boards which aggregate the newer topics to the top, and have a few layers as well.

Small comments....

Justin
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

If you click "New Posts" at the forum navigation bar, you will see both new posts since last login and any unread posts whether since the last login or missed before. The previous and next thread links at the bottom of a thread go to the previous or next in order of "new" from what I can tell. I typically use the "New Posts" more often than the Previous/Next links. Hope it helps! ;)
mkmurray

User CP Options

Post by mkmurray »

jmasters wrote: Maybe I'm used to the PHP based bulletin boards which aggregate the newer topics to the top, and have a few layers as well.
In addition to kgthunder's tip, have you checked out the Options in your User Control Panel? There are many Thread Display Modes and also a Thread Age Cut Off. Perhaps one or both of these options will help improve your experience.

Good luck.
garysturn