How can I delete a Temple Worker recommendation?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dfr0227

How can I delete a Temple Worker recommendation?

Post by dfr0227 »

I recently recommended and added a temple workers name. Later I learned that he is already a temple worker. I am unable to delete or cancel him from the recommended list. I received an email from the temple letting me know that it has been 40 days of no activity. I explained my problem, and he didn't seem to know other than he was unable to do anything on his side. Any help would be appreciated!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How can I delete a Temple Worker recommendation?

Post by lajackson »

The Global Service Center may be able to help you. I am not aware of anything else to do.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Apparently this thread assumes that a Priesthood leader can recommend temple workers, through LCR, or somehow online? I just checked the access table on LCR for a Bishop, I did not see any such thing. I also checked for a Stake President and did not see anysuch thing. My Bishop informed me that it would be available any day now. I will be in the new Payson Temple District when it is created in a couple of months.
I could not see that it was to be available in the future ether. anybody help as to what is going to happen? Could it be with those updates for the 2nd Quarter?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The reason it is not listed in the access table on LCR is because it is not part of LCR. Bishops and stake presidents can see a link to the temple worker recommendation application on the Application menu of LCR, but it takes them to a different web site outside of LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
1968leocomeeatabite

drepouille wrote:The reason it is not listed in the access table on LCR is because it is not part of LCR. Bishops and stake presidents can see a link to the temple worker recommendation application on the Application menu of LCR, but it takes them to a different web site outside of LCR.
Would you happen to know if this is for all temple districts or even future temple districts, such as the Payson Temple District? Some things are starting to make sense to me now, a new Temple district would have to be started at some point, populating it with the Stakes that are in that district. Therefore the need to only recommend workers when that has been designated, does this make sense?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I think that depends on whether the new temple president has started to use this system yet. I don't know anything about when this system is ready for new temple districts.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
1968leocomeeatabite

drepouille wrote:The reason it is not listed in the access table on LCR is because it is not part of LCR. Bishops and stake presidents can see a link to the temple worker recommendation application on the Application menu of LCR, but it takes them to a different web site outside of LCR.
Just curious how long have the priesthood leaders had access to this feature?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Just curious how long have the priesthood leaders had access to this feature?
I think it is fairly new, and that not all temples use it just yet.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Just curious how long have the priesthood leaders had access to this feature?
I think it is fairly new, and that not all temples use it just yet.
The Provo temple has been using the Recommend Temple Workers tool since March 2014. I believe the Provo temple was one of the first.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”