LDS GospelCast: a great new idea for sharing gospel content

alexandergblack

LDS GospelCast: a great new idea for sharing gospel content

Post by alexandergblack »

This is a little idea I thought up that would make lessons much easier, especially with Gospel Library. With gospel cast teachers would be able to "cast" a certain tab through the local wi-fi to their students. If applied correctly, this would make lessons go much smoother and more content could be covered because almost no time would be spent looking for content.
ToManyLetters

Re: LDS GospelCast: a great new idea for sharing gospel cont

Post by ToManyLetters »

This particular feature is included on the desired features list for Gospel Library for Windows. While we don't know for sure that it will ever be implemented, I believe the current idea is very similar to what you're describing, using Wi-Fi Direct as its medium.

I do agree, though. A feature like this would be quite handy for instructors.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Call me warped, but I always wonder how someone might cause mischief with a new feature. You'd somehow have to painlessly set up the instructor so that the class would only react to him/her/them and not just anyone. Otherwise you'd have a smart aleck sending random scriptures. Like maybe 1 Corinthians 5:1.

On the upside, such a feature could trigger some intense scripture study among the disruptive types. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alexandergblack

Post by alexandergblack »

Mischief wouldn't be caused because the instructor would "host" the tab, and the students wouldn't be able to switch to a different scripture unless the instructor gave them permission through the feature.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The way the feature was described in Gospel Library for Windows' desired features page, there would be a list of available "broadcasts", if you will, of the instructor's Gospel Library that the user could then "Subscribe" to (or unsubscribe to, as it happens).
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Mobile Applications”