deleting old donors in MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
scott.stoddard

deleting old donors in MLS?

Post by scott.stoddard »

I have literally hundreds of former ward members showing up on my donor pick list, including my adult children who have not been in the ward for over 12 years. (Last December I went through the drill of "hiding" them from view on the pick list before tithing settlement but come January, they were all right back again. How do I delete them once and for all from the ward's donor list?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: deleting old donors in MLS?

Post by russellhltn »

You can't delete them if they've made a donation in your financial retention period. (3 years in the US, 5 in some other places.)

That said, I'm not sure why you have donors from that long ago.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gcbarker

Re: deleting old donors in MLS?

Post by gcbarker »

You can't manually delete old donors. But you will have to go into 'View/Update Donors', click on the name of whoever has moved out and select 'Member of Other Unit'. They'll stay on your list until the three years is up and then they should disappear. You can only 'Hide' them until then.

But, looking at the date of your post, you've probably already found a solution.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”