Member picture windows don't close in Chrome.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
yeaj

Member picture windows don't close in Chrome.

Post by yeaj »

Am I the only one that has a problem closing the popup window when I view a member picture in the directory? I am using Google Chrome. I have noticed this issue for months now. Once opened, it doesn't close when I attempt to click the "X" in the corner. I have to either hit the "Esc" key or catch the picture box and drag it lower before the "X" will engage.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Member picture windows don't close in Chrome.

Post by aebrown »

yeaj wrote:Am I the only one that has a problem closing the popup window when I view a member picture in the directory? I am using Google Chrome. I have noticed this issue for months now. Once opened, it doesn't close when I attempt to click the "X" in the corner. I have to either hit the "Esc" key or catch the picture box and drag it lower before the "X" will engage.
No, you're not the only person. This was reported over 2 years ago in this post, and many times since then (this or related problems are reported in this post, and other discussions linked to from there).

Unfortunately it is still a problem.
PetersonAH38

Post by PetersonAH38 »

I had to switch to Safari in order to post photos in my Household page...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

PetersonAH38 wrote:I had to switch to Safari in order to post photos in my Household page...
That sounds like a totally different issue from what was being discussed. The Directory doesn't allow uploads using Firefox, so if you normally use Firefox, you would need to use a different browser to do uploads.
rbarrett

Post by rbarrett »

I'm having the same issue, but noticed that it only happens if the popup overlaps the top navigation bar for the site. Otherwise, the x in the upper right works.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rbarrett wrote:I'm having the same issue, but noticed that it only happens if the popup overlaps the top navigation bar for the site. Otherwise, the x in the upper right works.
That's correct. That behavior was noted in the discussions I linked to earlier.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”