Reading Scriptures in Audio Mode chapter advance

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
hayfam5

Reading Scriptures in Audio Mode chapter advance

Post by hayfam5 »

Since installing Gospel Library 3.4.5, listening to the Scriptures in audio mode only reads one chapter then stops, I then have to manually scroll to the next chapter and re-press the play button. Previously the audio mode continued to the next chapter until I pressed the pause button. Any advise on how to set the audio mode to auto advance chapters, is there a setting I am missing? Thanks.
jaredmuir

Re: Reading Scriptures in Audio Mode chapter advance

Post by jaredmuir »

I have noticed the same problem when listening to conference talks. Before I upgraded to iPhone 6 the talks would advance from one to another automatically. Now they stop after each one requiring you to manually advance to the next talk and hit play again. However, I noticed that this only happens if the phone goes to sleep during playback. If the phone is kept awake it does in fact advance on its own. Any fix?
Thanks
ljerryd

Post by ljerryd »

I have found that if I keep the screen from timing out (mine is mandatory, set via corporate policies so I can have company email) my scriptures will advance to the next chapter. I hope this can be fixed as I like to listen while I drive and logging back on to advance chapters is more dangerous than texting while driving!
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

This should be fixed in the 3.4.8 beta 1. Give that a try and let us know if it doesn't.
JefferyDon

Post by JefferyDon »

I downloaded 3.4.8 beta 1 yesterday and listened to audio on my way to work this morning and it advanced from chapter to chapter without stoping. (iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3 (12B466))
lararead

Post by lararead »

I still have version 3.4.7 (4) and have this problem everyday. I go to the app store but it doesn't show this app needs to be updated. How can I update it?
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

3.4.8 is not available in the App Store yet. It is pending review by Apple.
lararead

Post by lararead »

Great Thank YOU! This fix will be nice to have.
JillPToone

Post by JillPToone »

But why do some chapters have the reading capabilities and some do not? Speaking about Old Testament Samuel 1 & 2. Some chapters have it and some do not. Why?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Are there specific chapters you're having this issue with? A random sampling of chapters from both 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel left me able to play all of them.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”