Cannot add restrictions (stake split)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
emilytanner

Cannot add restrictions (stake split)

Post by emilytanner »

Our Stake recently split and now I cannot complete restrictions for the building. I can add all the info and when I go click "Restrict" it says, "the data service has failed. Please contact support." The only thing I can think of is that a couple of places still say the old stake name...under who it is restricted for and under locations. The Stake Clerk has tried to get an answer as well and we have not been able to get any answers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot add restrictions

Post by russellhltn »

Check for any conflicts to the restriction. If it's a "blocked" restriction, you can't have any event at the same time. If it's restriction for a unit, then you may be required to not have any events for other units at that time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

emilytanner wrote:Our Stake recently split ... a couple of places still say the old stake name...
It sounds like the system has not been completely setup for the split. The FM database must be adjusted to assign the appropriate buildings to each stake. Contact your FM Group to see if they have the data base set up properly for the split. You may have to do this through your physical facilities rep, a high council member.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

emilytanner wrote:Our Stake recently split
How recently? Is the problem with the new stake? The paperwork to create the new stake doesn't start until after the new SP is sustained and set apart. Even then, it takes CHQ a few days to do all the things on their end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
emilytanner

Post by emilytanner »

We have contacted just about everybody and no one seems to be able to figure out the problem. I was able to do everything until the Stake split. It split at the beginning of September so everything should be in place???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

emilytanner wrote:We have contacted just about everybody and no one seems to be able to figure out the problem. I was able to do everything until the Stake split. It split at the beginning of September so everything should be in place???
Are you part of the old stake or the new one? If the new one, then someone needs to put your position back into the system. It doesn't automatically transfer.

emilytanner

Post by emilytanner »

The new stake. I'm pretty sure they gave me access again. It does say the old stake still in a few places and no one seems to know how to change that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

emilytanner wrote:The new stake. I'm pretty sure they gave me access again.
The fact you can get into the Restrictions page suggests that at some level the system thinks you have rights.

emilytanner wrote:It does say the old stake still in a few places and no one seems to know how to change that.
Where does it say that? I'd expect to see it on any events or restrictions created under the prior stake name.

youngheart80

Post by youngheart80 »

I'm having the same issue as OP.

Split stake, I'm in the newly formed stake. I was building scheduler in old stake and still show that for our building. I can get access to the restrictions page, but can't get them to save. Same error as OP.

I had wondered if it had something to do with the formation of the new stake and not everything propagating over. Still haven't found out who the stake admin is yet to check if there was something else that need to be done.

So, looking forward to seeing if there is a resolution here or if I just have to wait it out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

youngheart80 wrote:Split stake, I'm in the newly formed stake. I was building scheduler in old stake and still show that for our building. I can get access to the restrictions page, but can't get them to save. Same error as OP.

I had wondered if it had something to do with the formation of the new stake and not everything propagating over.
At this point I'm guessing that the stake split did not properly release you from the old calling. (That's why you can get into the page.) There is no automatic carry-over to a new stake. You'd have to be set up again in the new one.

I'll send that over to the developers. If you can go to lds.org/header and send me the results in a PM, I'll forward that as well. (I suspect the developers will need that. They usually do unless it's a known issue.)

Return to “Calendar”