Getting to lds.org from clerks xp computer

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dbshapiro

Getting to lds.org from clerks xp computer

Post by dbshapiro »

Our unit still has a computer running windows xp. As such, we cant access the latest versions of internet explorer and cant access lds.org on that computer. Any suggestions other than a computer/os upgrade which the stake tells us isnt happening anytime soon.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Getting to lds.org from clerks xp computer

Post by lajackson »

dbshapiro wrote:Our unit still has a computer running windows xp. As such, we cant access the latest versions of internet explorer and cant access lds.org on that computer. Any suggestions other than a computer/os upgrade which the stake tells us isnt happening anytime soon.
We still run XP on all of our computers. I was not aware that IE did not work to access LDS.org but we use either Firefox or Chrome with no problem.

Until your computers are upgraded, I would suggest downloading one of those browsers. I have not had any trouble at all with Firefox.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

FYI - Firefox & Chrome are both authorised for use on Clerk computers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Until your computers are upgraded, I would suggest downloading one of those browsers. I have not had any trouble at all with Firefox.
I think that was the gist of a message sent out some time back. So that's the official suggestion.

However, I'd hope with the coming new year that your FM group would have the funds to replace any computers that are 5 years old or older. (And if they're running XP, they probably are.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbshapiro

Post by dbshapiro »

Thanks. We will download another browser. For some reason I thought we werent able to do that. Sadly, our computers are relatively new and probably wont be replaced for a few more years.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dbshapiro wrote:Sadly, our computers are relatively new and probably wont be replaced for a few more years.
You might want to check the license sticker. If it's not at least Win7, I don't think I'd call it "relatively new". (I've retired 6 year-old machines that had Vista stickers.) If it has Win7, then go find the media. Then with the effort (or at least knowledge) of the STS, you can update.

I'd also check the build date on the computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”