Google to church calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kristalj

Google to church calendar

Post by kristalj »

We have been using our google calendar for a while. Is there a way to sync from our google calendar to the ward calendar? I know I can sync it from the ward to the google. Here is why I would like to do it the other way and maybe there is a better way around it.

If I sync from the ward to the google, it shows everything. I want to sync it to a ward google calendar and not my personal google calendar. This doesn't allow me have all the information synced to my personal google calendar and then pick only those items for my calling to a separate google calendar.

The google calendar will update in real time and if I want to change or edit an activity, I have to go through the planning sheet to update via the church calendar.

Any tips or suggestions? I hope I made sense, if not, I am happy to clarify. Thanks.
drepouille

Re: Google to church calendar

Post by drepouille »

9.Websites, blogs, and social media profiles should not duplicate tools and features that are already available on LDS.org.
https://www.lds.org/pages/online-resour ... b-internet
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kristalj wrote:Is there a way to sync from our google calendar to the ward calendar?
if you are an administrator, there is a import function. But it doesn't support building locations - so you still have to update the imported event to schedule a building or rooms in a building.

There is no sync to the ward calendar ability.

As pointed out, there's policy issues regarding a public "Ward Calendar".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kristalj wrote:Is there a way to sync from our google calendar to the ward calendar?
Synchronizing for the Calendar is one way. The Calendar is not intended to sync from other sources but rather out to other programs.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”