Webcast color

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Webcast color

Post by craiggsmith »

I've asked about this before but never got a definitive answer. The picture at the receiving ends has very little color. It seems to be on the church's end, I assume due to the compression, as I monitor the signal right before it goes into the communicator and it has plenty of color. Is it the same for everyone? Any way to improve that? I've tried the highest bandwidth the device allows (750 kbps) and it doesn't improve it at all. In fact, I don't really notice any changes in the video with any setting, only with the audio.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Webcast color

Post by russellhltn »

How are you feeding it? Composite video has a defined amplitude. Long cable runs result in attenuation of the signal. Different devices deal with that in different ways. Intermediate devices (like mixers), may or may not reset the amplitude.

You might try doing a test stream from a "Fresh source" (like a non-copy protected DVD) sitting right next to the communicator.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Re: Webcast color

Post by craiggsmith »

Cable goes about 15 ft from the camera to the jack in the wall in the overflow, and then back to the VDA in the a/v rack (~100 ft over coax) and then to the communicator (in the a/v rack). I tried a VDA between the camera and wall jack but it didn't help. I've monitored the signal at the rack though and it looked fine.

Good idea to try another source. I'll also try the camera connected directly to the communicator, and try s-video (I think that's an option).
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”