Leadership Summary Access for YW Personal Progress

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dkaszas

Leadership Summary Access for YW Personal Progress

Post by dkaszas »

I was recently the Mia Maid advisor in our ward and had access (via my LDS login) to a Summary Report for Personal Progress for all the YW in our ward. This enabled me as a leader to check their progress and tailor lessons/activities to goals the girls still needed to achieve. I was released and called as a Personal Progress Advisor (which is a common, but somewhat "made up" calling. Ha!) Anyhow, I now do not have access to the Leadership Summary, only the Parent Summary for my daughter.

I was told by the clerk that he had to manually enter my calling into the system and they have tried a few different things to allow me to have access without success. Suggestions?
eblood66

Re: Leadership Summary Access for YW Personal Progress

Post by eblood66 »

dkaszas wrote:I was recently the Mia Maid advisor in our ward and had access (via my LDS login) to a Summary Report for Personal Progress for all the YW in our ward. This enabled me as a leader to check their progress and tailor lessons/activities to goals the girls still needed to achieve. I was released and called as a Personal Progress Advisor (which is a common, but somewhat "made up" calling. Ha!) Anyhow, I now do not have access to the Leadership Summary, only the Parent Summary for my daughter.

I was told by the clerk that he had to manually enter my calling into the system and they have tried a few different things to allow me to have access without success. Suggestions?
This has come up several times before. Probably the best thread to review is here: http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... s-Question#
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dkaszas wrote:which is a common, but somewhat "made up" calling.
And there's the problem. "made up" calling (custom positions) have no rights. And since the calling can't be found in the handbook, it's unlikely to be added to the system.

In the case of YW Personal Progress, there is no way to assign rights.

You're stuck.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dkaszas

Post by dkaszas »

Thank you both for your replies. I'm afraid I wasn't very good with navigating the search function, so I appreciate the link.

I will see if the suggestion in that thread works but I won't get my hopes up!
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

We had the same problem in our ward. The way we solved it was by also giving the Personal Progress Leader a calling as "assistant miamaid advisor" (not sure if this is the exact name-your Ward Clerk or Bishopric member can look it up) which is a "Standard Calling" as this should grant her access.
mylindalegrande

Post by mylindalegrande »

My ward clerk tried adding me as an assistant advisor but I still don't have access...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mylindalegrande wrote:My ward clerk tried adding me as an assistant advisor but I still don't have access...
It can take up to 24 hours after being added before the new rights takes effect.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”