Unable to download APK files for sideloading

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
pgpattison

Unable to download APK files for sideloading

Post by pgpattison »

Page https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Android_Sideloading loads just fine, but APK files linked from this page are hosted at http://www.ldsmobiletester.com/ which doesn't resolve.
pgpattison

Re: Unable to download APK files for sideloading

Post by pgpattison »

So it looks like the APK files have been moved, and are once again available from https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Android_Sideloading

I'm able to download the Mormon Channel and Gospel Library apps. However, when I select LDS Tools, then select "Latest Release," and then click "Download," the system takes me right back to the version selection page, without downloading the APK.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

I'm having the same problem. I'd love to try some of the new features mentioned at the Tech Conference, but the downloads aren't working.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
pgpattison

Post by pgpattison »

Still can't download the LDS Tools APK file. Can I at least get an acknowledgment from a sysadmin or something?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pgpattison wrote:Still can't download the LDS Tools APK file. Can I at least get an acknowledgment from a sysadmin or something?
The moderators for the forums don't have anything to do with LDS Tools development and it's not likely that the LDS Tools developers would read this particular forum. You'd probably have better success by using the tools support email: ldstoolssupport@ldschurch.org
pgpattison

Post by pgpattison »

eblood66 wrote:The moderators for the forums don't have anything to do with LDS Tools development and it's not likely that the LDS Tools developers would read this particular forum. You'd probably have better success by using the tools support email: ldstoolssupport@ldschurch.org
This isn't a problem with the LDS Tools app. The problem is with the tech.lds.org website not permitting access to the APK files.

It's been three and a half months since my original post, without so much as a peep from the website admins. Very disappointing.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pgpattison wrote:
eblood66 wrote:The moderators for the forums don't have anything to do with LDS Tools development and it's not likely that the LDS Tools developers would read this particular forum. You'd probably have better success by using the tools support email: ldstoolssupport@ldschurch.org
This isn't a problem with the LDS Tools app. The problem is with the tech.lds.org website not permitting access to the APK files.

It's been three and a half months since my original post, without so much as a peep from the website admins. Very disappointing.
The problem may not be with the LDS Tools app per se but they would be the ones who would have the contacts to get the problem resolved. The forum moderators aren't in charge of the projects area of tech.lds.org and it's unlikely that those in charge of that area monitor this forum. The forums are user-to-user help and are not the official way to report problems. In this case you should use the lds tools support email.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

FYI, downloading works again.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
spencerchatfield

Post by spencerchatfield »

While I am able to get the Gospel Library latest release, I was not able to download the "LDS Tools" latest release (or latest beta). When I tried to save the file, Chrome Download area showed that the server was not responding. Here is the link I was trying

https://tech.lds.org/dl/spencerchatfiel ... 7-1832.apk
spencerchatfield

Post by spencerchatfield »

Here is what Chome's Download page shows for my previous post. Note the "contact the server administrator" but no way to do that

ldstools-release-20150227-1832.apkUnknown server error. Please try again, or contact the server administrator.
https://tech.lds.org/dl/spencerchatfiel ... 7-1832.apk

Return to “Help with this forum”