Windows Phone Issues

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
mll1013

Windows Phone Issues

Post by mll1013 »

I just upgraded from Android to a Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 635) and am seeing the following issues:

1) App routinely crashes when installed on SD card. Runs fine installed to internal memory
2) Bookmarks are not sync'ing to/from LDS account
3) No ability to update bookmarks... only add/remove is available
4) No ability to name bookmarks. They only use the name of the page
5) Annotation granularity is limited to entire verses/paragraphs instead of the words/phrases to which they were applied
6) OT regular/italicized styling is limited to entire verses instead of the words/phrases to which they were pertain.
7) Functionality between Gospel Library and Gospel Library Beta apps appear identical (all of the issues above pertain to both apps)

I understand that Android and iOS deserve the lion's share of development effort due to their popularity, and I'm grateful to have Gospel Library on my Windows Phone. I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same issues above, or if there are solutions/workarounds that I'm unaware of for any of these.

Thanks!
Mike
ToManyLetters

Re: Windows Phone Issues

Post by ToManyLetters »

mll1013,

The team behind Gospel Library for Windows is in the process of completely rewriting the application for Windows Phone so that it is a universal application on Windows. The application in the meantime is in "maintenance" mode: basically, only super critical bugs are fixed so that the effort can be focused on the new application and get it out and available as soon as possible.

I'll pass on the SD Card crash to the developers to see if they can get that fixed soon.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
copper9485

Post by copper9485 »

Good evening, I just bought a windows phone and it's my first time using the gospel library app on a windows phone. On the IOS app you can change the text size to make the font larger for all scriptures/manuals within in the app. I am visually impaired and I cant seem to increase the text size in the windows phone app. Is this ability missing and can it be included in the update
joshuaworkman

Post by joshuaworkman »

I believe you CAN change the size of the text. When you are open to a book or scripture, click the three little dots in the bottom right corner. A list should pop up and there you should see text settings, which will allow you to set the size of the text.
copper9485

Post by copper9485 »

Well I am both embarrassed and excited by your reply, thanks for the directions!

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”