Transferring notes from tablet to LDS.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
danbruse

Transferring notes from tablet to LDS.org

Post by danbruse »

I am not able to see the information entered from my tablet's Gospel Library app showing up on my desktop. I can see the information when I look on my app as it is saved but it is not coming across to my LDS.org account? Any suggestions? I too am wondering if I am doing something wrong? Is there a way to force the sync as in the LDS tools app to update calendar and membership changes?
blake.dunn

Re: Transferring notes from tablet to LDS.org

Post by blake.dunn »

I am having the opposite Problem. I can not see my notes I entered through my lds.org account on my LDS tools app on my iphone 4. Any Help would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

danbruse wrote:I am not able to see the information entered from my tablet's Gospel Library app showing up on my desktop. I can see the information when I look on my app as it is saved but it is not coming across to my LDS.org account? Any suggestions? I too am wondering if I am doing something wrong? Is there a way to force the sync as in the LDS tools app to update calendar and membership changes?
I'm not sure what kind of tablet you are running Gospel Library on, but on my Android devices, I can force a sync by going into Settings (on the menu), and then tapping on my user name (in the LDS ACCOUNT section). Then I have an option for "Sync Now".

I'm able to make changes on LDS.org that sync to Gospel Library on my device, or make changes in Gospel Library that sync to LDS.org. Of course I have to be signed in on both systems using the same username, but for me it's working just fine as I expect.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Everything syncs to the LDS Cloud, and should then sync to each device, assuming that those specific features are available in that version of Notes. The first thing to try is a manual sync of your Gospel Library app. This usually fixes the problem.

If your online Notes are not showing up in your Gospel Library app after doing this, you will have to uninstall and then reinstall the app.

If your Gospel Library annotations are not showing up in your online Notes, you have to make sure that your auto sync is turned on. Also, check that the kinds of annotations you made in GL are currently supported by online Notes. Not all are yet, and vice versa. But, since everything syncs to the LDS Cloud, if and when those features become available in a particular version, they should sync to your device at that time.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”