Ward Households not showing on LDS.org Map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
krawlings

Ward Households not showing on LDS.org Map

Post by krawlings »

I click the green button on the left pane labeled View Your Ward and Stake, but no orange dots are showing to identify households. There is a large orange dot with a star inside it marking my home, but that is it... What am I missing?
I have used this feature in the past and it is very helpful, but in the last month or three, it hasn't worked. Please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Households not showing on LDS.org Map

Post by russellhltn »

Seems to be working for me. What country are you in? Some countries may restrict what can be shown due to laws regarding privacy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
krawlings

Post by krawlings »

US - No. California
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What happens if you use the directory? Do you see other households there?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Are you signed in?
krawlings

Post by krawlings »

I am signed in. When I click on a household in the directory a pop-up map comes up and shows the member's location, then when I select "Display on Ward Map" it opens up a new tab with the ward map, but no households identified, no orange dots (other than my own with the star), not even the household I had selected in the directory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might check with a clerk and see what they see. And have them check what the privacy settings are for everyone in the ward. It's possible that someone set all the member's privacy settings to something other than "stake". While it seems counter-intuitive that setting it to "ward" would hide them from ward members, some applications come from a older privacy model.

Just to make sure - the directory does show you in the proper ward and you are looking at that ward's boundaries on the map? Sometimes maps doesn't always update and you can end up looking somewhere else.

krawlings

Post by krawlings »

OK, I will check with the Ward Clerk (fyi, I'm the Bishop.)

Yes, it is showing me in the proper ward and the ward boundary's are outlined in blue, other ward/stake boundaries are outlined in purple.

(Several weeks ago when I signed in and tried to look at maps, it was showing me in a different ward and location - in the North end of our Stake. As I recall, I went in and verified my own address, then it stopped showing me in the wrong location, but maybe it never corrected my ward?)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It doesn't look like we're dealing with a out-of-unit leader, (that can cause a number of problems).

Sorry, I don't spend that much time in maps. There are a number of options and layers that can be turned on/off. Maybe you've got a combination that hides the users. I haven't found a combination that does that, but that's not to say in can't be done.

On the left side is a drop-down selection for what ward/stake's directory will be displayed. Perhaps somehow it got set to "nothing".

You might also try another browser or computer just to see if it's a computer issue or if it's really something wrong with the website.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”