Receiving to much information

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BoydYoung

Receiving to much information

Post by BoydYoung »

I am a former member of a stake presidency. We created private calendars in LDS.org and synced them to our phones for all of our interviews. We have now been released and new private calendars have been created for the new stake presidency, with access restricted by their church position rather than by name. Our released stake presidency is still seeing the private calendars of the new presidency. On lds.org it simply says "private event" and doesn't give any details, but all of the details are being sent to our phones.

If my wife signs in to LDS.org she doesn't even see the private calendars. What can we do to stop getting this information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Receiving to much information

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest visiting the calendar subscription page on lds.org and make sure it's set correctly. (Just visiting it might solve the problem come the next sync.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BoydYoung

Post by BoydYoung »

The private calendars I should not be seeing are not listed on the subscription page. They are listed, however, on the left sidebar next to the calendar. I can unclick them and they disappear from the lds.org calendar but they still come through to my phone. There is no way for me to unsubscribe from them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And after visiting the subscription page, they still appear on the sidebar after you close the browser and go back in?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BoydYoung

Post by BoydYoung »

Yes, there are actually about five different calendars with restricted access that still appear in the sidebar that no longer appear on the subscription page. They show up on the calendar as "private event" and show up on my phone as the actual event. I have visited the subscription page several times, even made a few changes, signed out of lds.org and the browser, and then re-entered and nothing changes. This is happening with all three former members of the stake presidency who previously had access to these private calendars.
BoydYoung

Post by BoydYoung »

I just went in and "unsubscribed" to several ward and stake calendars that I do have access to, and they immediately disappeared from my phone. Should I have the stake re-give me access by name, and then try to unsubscribe? Maybe the problem comes from being removed from a calendar without having unsubscribed to it.
BoydYoung

Post by BoydYoung »

Calendars that I can unsubscribe from do disappear from the sidebar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for fun, can you go to the beta calendar and see if you have the same problem? To get to the subscription page is a little trickier in that version, you have to click the ">>" button to expand the sidebar. There's no subscription from the beta, but I'd expect the see the calendars disappear from the sidebar.

BoydYoung

Post by BoydYoung »

The calendars I'm not supposed to see are not listed in the Beta version. However, ward calendars from other wards in my stake are visible in the Beta version.

I did figure out how to fix the problem. I had the stake clerk re-add me as an authorized user so I could unsubscribe. Then the calendar was removed from both the sidebar and my phone. Then he re-removed me from the authorized list. So, the lesson is, unsubscribe from relevant calendars before being removed from the authorized list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BoydYoung wrote:The calendars I'm not supposed to see are not listed in the Beta version.
I was wondering if you were able to unsubscribe (either directly or just by visiting) in the Beta version. It's the difference between a fixed bug and unfixed bug.

BoydYoung wrote:However, ward calendars from other wards in my stake are visible in the Beta version.
Depending on your calling, that would be correct.

Return to “Calendar”