Financial Statement printing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

Financial Statement printing

Post by pgm44 »

Unit Financial Statement - Oct 2014 CUBS Implementation Changes Affecting MLS and Local Units_Philippines

If I try to print the above written file, and also other financial statement files, like PEF files, MLS close automatically.
I am wondering why I cannot print those Financial Statement Files so its easier to study and to read it all.

Thanks in advance for the answers.
drepouille

Re: Financial Statement printing

Post by drepouille »

I have had problems printing IROP statements from MLS in the past. MLS would simply abort and disappear from the screen. I don't know where to look for an MLS error log to tell me why MLS aborted.
As for Unit Financial Statements, I prefer to "print" them through CutePDF and save them as PDFs. Then I can open them and print them two-sided.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Have we learned any more about this. I ran into a ward today that cannot print financial statements. All other MLS print functions work properly.

When the ward tries to print a financial statement, nothing happens. The printer popup box appears to select the printer, they click okay, and then nothing ever prints.

If they select CutePDF as the printer from the printer popup box, the CutePDF box opens after several seconds and they can print to a PDF file, which they are using as the workaround.

But we have not found a single printer driver or real printer that will work for the MLS financial reports.

At least the computer and/or program are not crashing or freezing.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I would contact the GSC so that someone there can look at it and escalate it, if necessary. This is the first I've heard anything about this issue.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

There have been printing errors reported in the past on the forum, for financial reports, usually linked to a Java error.

One of the systems in our stake had a problem with a Java exception that meant it couldn't print finance reports. We don't get the Java error message anymore but we still can't print finance reports. The computer is due to be replaced in the near future and I am hoping that we won't see the problem again.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I called LUS to report that I could not print several IROPs in a row, they suggested I exit MLS each time I printed an IROP. Essentially, they told me to stop trying to print several IROPs in a row. I suspect MLS was exceeding the memory size specified for its JVM.

I believe that each finance statement actually exists as a PDF in the area where MLS data is stored, and we could just open those directly and print them outside of MLS. That is assuming we know where to look and which filenames to look for.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”