Number of Ward Tithing Status

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
kolisikepu

Number of Ward Tithing Status

Post by kolisikepu »

Hi Community,

I know the discussion has been posted before here, but it was nearly a year ago since the last reply but I'm hoping our system has changed (improved) since then.

I'm the Stake Clerk and was asked to find out how many "full-tithe payers" are there in each of our wards in the Stake. Is there anything in MLS that the clerks can send me that can give me this? Or, is there anything I can access online or MLS that can give me this?

QUITE URGENT... but appreciate any help.

Thanking you all in advance.

Chris K.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Number of Ward Tithing Status

Post by aebrown »

kolisikepu wrote:I know the discussion has been posted before here, but it was nearly a year ago since the last reply but I'm hoping our system has changed (improved) since then.

I'm the Stake Clerk and was asked to find out how many "full-tithe payers" are there in each of our wards in the Stake. Is there anything in MLS that the clerks can send me that can give me this? Or, is there anything I can access online or MLS that can give me this?
The discussion you linked to gave the answer, which is still the current answer. Nothing has changed in MLS since then in this regard (and there are still no financial features on Leader and Clerk Resources, so there are no online options for this kind of information).
kolisikepu

Post by kolisikepu »

Cheers for the reply. I was afraid that we were still in the same spot as last year.

With the rate we're splitting wards and stakes, I hope they add it to the Quarterly Report somehow. Allow Bishops to report it somehow.
jasonfitt

Post by jasonfitt »

At the end of tithing settlement every year each unit is supposed to be sending the stake a copy of the Tithing Settlement Declaration Report. If the units in your stake have been doing this, and the stake has been making sure they were submitted, you should already have this information on file.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jasonfitt wrote:At the end of tithing settlement every year each unit is supposed to be sending the stake a copy of the Tithing Settlement Declaration Report. If the units in your stake have been doing this, and the stake has been making sure they were submitted, you should already have this information on file.
And if this has not been happening, you should have the audit exceptions to prove it. [smile]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jasonfitt wrote:At the end of tithing settlement every year each unit is supposed to be sending the stake a copy of the Tithing Settlement Declaration Report. If the units in your stake have been doing this, and the stake has been making sure they were submitted, you should already have this information on file.
I guess you haven't read the linked discussion. The original poster is well aware of the Tithing Declaration Report -- that's what he is currently using to gather the data his stake president is asking him for. He was just hoping that there would be some system that tabulated the results automatically.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

It's been a while since I was a Finance Clerk, but my recollection is that there were two distinct reports that printed with the Tithing Declaration Report. The first was the Report itself, and the second was the Tithing Declaration Batch Summary Report. Didn't the Batch Summary Report break it down by tithing status?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

allenjpl wrote:It's been a while since I was a Finance Clerk, but my recollection is that there were two distinct reports that printed with the Tithing Declaration Report. The first was the Report itself, and the second was the Tithing Declaration Batch Summary Report. Didn't the Batch Summary Report break it down by tithing status?
They are separate reports, printed separately. The Batch Summary Report only lists the batch totals for each deposit. It includes the category totals, but does not include any other statistics or names.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

lajackson wrote:
allenjpl wrote:It's been a while since I was a Finance Clerk, but my recollection is that there were two distinct reports that printed with the Tithing Declaration Report. The first was the Report itself, and the second was the Tithing Declaration Batch Summary Report. Didn't the Batch Summary Report break it down by tithing status?
They are separate reports, printed separately. The Batch Summary Report only lists the batch totals for each deposit. It includes the category totals, but does not include any other statistics or names.
You're talking about the Deposit batch summary. I'm talking about the Tithing Declaration Batch Summary report. If you print the Tithing Declaration sheet, two things print automatically. One is the Tithing Declaration Report, listing each member, categories, with a space for the tithing status. At the end of that report, there is another report, separately paginated, that I thought included a breakdown of the tithing statuses.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

allenjpl wrote:You're talking about the Deposit batch summary. I'm talking about the Tithing Declaration Batch Summary report. If you print the Tithing Declaration sheet, two things print automatically. One is the Tithing Declaration Report, listing each member, categories, with a space for the tithing status. At the end of that report, there is another report, separately paginated, that I thought included a breakdown of the tithing statuses.
Right you are, sorry. The last page does include the totals for each status. We usually put it on top of the Tithing Declaration Report as a summary.

And the stake should have that information for each of its units.

Return to “Reports and Forms”