Directory pictures on LDS Tools not showing up on LDS.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cstew

Directory pictures on LDS Tools not showing up on LDS.org

Post by cstew »

Why are there pictures in the ward directory on LDS Tools that don't show up in the same directory on LDS.org? Anyone else have this same problem?
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory pictures on LDS Tools not showing up on LDS.or

Post by russellhltn »

I'd check and see if the photos have been approved. Unapproved photos still appear on the directory for individuals with certain callings, (extended bishopric and clerks) but are not visible to the ward at large.

I've also found that the LDS Tools app doesn't seem to download the photos ahead of time, but only "on-demand" when you view the details of that individual. Which of course requires a working internet connection at the time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cstew

Post by cstew »

It is a case where anyone can see the directory pics on LDS tools but they are not visible on LDS.org. Do they need to be approved on both? Why would it show in one and not the other? It is a significant portion of the ward that doesn't show up on the LDS.org directory.
Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you looking at household photos, or individual photos? It's possible that either the household or individual photo has been added, but not the other; and different ones show up different places.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cstew wrote:It is a case where anyone can see the directory pics on LDS tools but they are not visible on LDS.org.
I wonder if the photo has been replaced but the replacement hasn't been approved. LDS Tools might be caching an old photo.

There is only one approval process - in the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danhibbert

Re: Directory pictures on LDS Tools not showing up on LDS.org

Post by danhibbert »

This is still an issue. New individual photos added via LDS tools by the clerk (me in this case) appear to often if not always appear to be absent when viewed in lds.org --> directory. It turns out that if you click on the blank space where the photo should be, it will show the photo in a separate window, the same way it will show a larger version of any photo, but in the list view it appears that there is not a photo.

This means that for dozens and dozens of photos in our directory I have to click on the empty space to see if a photo is present or absent when using lds.org--> directory. Is there a fix for this? If so please let me know. If not, perhaps someone could fix it :) dan_hibbert@comcast.net

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”