when will we be able to add notes to scriptures?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

aplucinik

when will we be able to add notes to scriptures?

Post by aplucinik »

I assume that eventually, in Gospel Library, we will have the ability to add notes to scriptures and that they will upload to our scriptures in lds. org. Any idea if that's going to happen soon?

Also, I've noticed that notes I added in LDS.org show up OK in Gospel Library but the notes are preceded by the word "Null" and a blank line. But at least the notes are there.
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO
BowmanDH

Re: when will we be able to add notes to scriptures?

Post by BowmanDH »

This is a feature still being worked on. However, limited functionality is available if you are using the latest version of the Gospel Library Beta app found in the store. You have to go to options and turn on preview features to see it. Of course, the preview features are not even beta ready so there are no warranties at this point however if you can handle the instability and slightly inconsistent results you can see that the feature is definitely being worked on.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

My bad, it didn't make it into the latest beta release because it made the app to unstable. I have seen it in testing though so it is being worked on.
y2000max

Post by y2000max »

The Bishop and I (Executive Secretary) have been going over the improvements with 2.0.0.43 and it is wonderful.
-We are both hoping that you will be adding the ability to add notes to a certain verse or verses.
-Also adding our own links from one set of verses in the bible to the Book of Mormon.

Keep up the great work.
aplucinik

Post by aplucinik »

BowmanDH wrote:My bad, it didn't make it into the latest beta release because it made the app to unstable. I have seen it in testing though so it is being worked on.
Actually, apparently the feature to add and edit notes did make it into the latest Beta release (2.0.0.43) after all. I don't know why I couldn't add notes a few days ago but suddenly today I can. Maybe I was doing something wrong before. So, this is a great improvement. It's great that I'm not limited to adding notes only within lds.org. Keep up the good work.

The trick to being able to add a note to a verse is that you must choose the circular menu option to highlight it and choose a color first. Once it is highlighted then you have the option to add a note.
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO
miller.dj

Post by miller.dj »

aplucinik wrote:The trick to being able to add a note to a verse is that you must choose the circular menu option to highlight it and choose a color first. Once it is highlighted then you have the option to add a note.
Did that get removed? I have 2.0.0.49, and I didn't see a note option after highlighting a scripture. (On that note, it would be nice to be able to remove a highlight; I think I ended up adding two highlights to the same scripture, and now it's a darker color than others.)
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

It's not that the notes feature has been removed, it's that it's been left behind the "Preview Features" toggle. Often, when attempting to add or edit a note, the app will crash or the note will fail to synchronise. All of the annotations features are still being worked on, notes among them.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
miller.dj

Post by miller.dj »

ToManyLetters wrote:It's not that the notes feature has been removed, it's that it's been left behind the "Preview Features" toggle.
Whoops, forgot about that option. :o Thanks....
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Just remember that features hidden by the Preview Features toggle are hidden for various reasons. "Notes" doesn't work very well at present.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
ralebaron

Post by ralebaron »

The Notes functionality is definitely there and I can add a note by right clicking. It seems that I can create the Note Title, and a very short note, and it will save it. But if I add more than three lines of text the note disappears. I'm really looking forward to this functionality being fully developed.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”