LDS Gospel Library Beta: Crashing to Start Menu

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ckearsley

LDS Gospel Library Beta: Crashing to Start Menu

Post by ckearsley »

I've been loving the LDS Gospel Library Beta: It's been my go to app for scripture study, lesson prep, teaching, etc. since I realized it was available.

An update or something happened in the last couple of days because now, when it launches, I see about 1/2 of the "loading" wheel (the dots that chase each other in a circle).

The app then freezes and flips back to the start menu

I'm using a Surface Pro 3, and I notice that I can swipe the app back in from the left but it only shows the splash page and then either freezes there or if I wait long enough, crashes back to the start screen.

This has only been happening in the last couple of days.

Please help!
ckearsley

Re: LDS Gospel Library Beta: Crashing to Start Menu

Post by ckearsley »

ps. I uninstalled the app, re-installed it, and it ran once. On next use, it start crashing and continues crashing to the start menu even after a reboot.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

We're aware of and are currently testing a fix for this issue that should be available sometime early this week alongside a slew of other updates to Gospel Library Beta for Windows.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mll1013

Post by mll1013 »

I was having this issue as well, with the app installed to my SD card. It seems like once I installed it to internal memory, it was more stable. I mention this as a stop gap for anyone who might be dealing with the same problem as well as a data point for developers, in case it helps track down whatever bug is causing the problem.

Best wishes!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The application being discussed here is Gospel Library Beta for Windows 8, which cannot at present be installed to SD Card. I believe you're talking about LDS Gospel Library for Windows Phone, which is an entirely separate application.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mll1013

Post by mll1013 »

Oops... I stand corrected. I'm new to using the Windows GL App, so I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum. I strike my earlier comment, and have posted to the Windows Phone forum instead.

Thanks for setting me straight, and keep up the great work! :->

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”