Ward Mission Fund Charged 25 Times for Elder

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
CranneyCD

Ward Mission Fund Charged 25 Times for Elder

Post by CranneyCD »

We have one instance where the money withdrawal for an elder occurred 25 times. In the on-line manual at https://www.lds.org/help/support/missio ... lang=eng#1

it says: "This monthly procedure occurs 18 times for sister missionaries and 24 times for elders."

What to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Mission Fund Charged 25 Times for Elder

Post by russellhltn »

An extension of more than 15 days will trigger an additional month. Link
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CranneyCD

Post by CranneyCD »

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the mission presidents are unaware of this trigger (at least none of us were aware in my old area from 2007-10). The mission presidents are usually given plus or minus 30 days (based on the MTC date of entry) to send the missionary home. Anything before or after that would need missionary committee approval, which happens very rarely.

It seems that the policies of the mission finances should be in concert with the policy of the mission presidents. If not, at least the mission presidents should be made aware of the policy. One extra day could mean a $400 loss for the family or the ward.

Thanks for the link. Seems that link should also be put next to
https://www.lds.org/help/support/missio ... lang=eng#1
to avoid confusion.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

CranneyCD wrote:Thanks for the link. Seems that link should also be put next to
https://www.lds.org/help/support/missio ... lang=eng#1
to avoid confusion.
You're linking to the exact same article (just different sections of the same article), so I don't see how an intra-article link helps much. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to read the entire article.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Probably needs to be added as some kind of FAQ out there....
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the artile covers it. However, I think I'd shuffle the sections a bit. Move the Extension section above the Change in the missionary’s home ward section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”