LCR Permissions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
byumaggie

LCR Permissions

Post by byumaggie »

As Relief Society Visiting Teaching Coordinator, my main duty has been to enter Visiting Teaching reports in MLS. With LCR now available I was hopeful I would be able to do it online, but unfortunately my calling is not on the list of people who can access it. Any idea if that will change?
eblood66

Re: LCR Permissions

Post by eblood66 »

byumaggie wrote:As Relief Society Visiting Teaching Coordinator, my main duty has been to enter Visiting Teaching reports in MLS. With LCR now available I was hopeful I would be able to do it online, but unfortunately my calling is not on the list of people who can access it. Any idea if that will change?
LCR does not yet have any support for visiting teaching. We've been told that this will come sometime this fall. We don't know yet whether additional callings will have access to the visiting and home teaching support when it's released. We'll have to wait and see.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Visiting teaching and home teaching are not currently available online. It will be available in late fall. Fall ends on December 20th.

The access to Leader and Clerk Resources has been extended to include Melchizedek Priesthood presidencies, auxiliary presidencies, and mission leaders. Extending that list further has not been announced. It is logical to me that a standard calling that deals with HT/VT would be included in the access on LCR with, or some time after, the update that includes HT/VT.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
byumaggie

Post by byumaggie »

Thanks! I was told it would be happening in October. Good to know a more realistic date!
mevans

Post by mevans »

In case people on this thread haven't seen, the HT/VT release has been delayed to early 2015.

Also, if we mention seasons for releases, people should bear in mind that our brothers and sisters in the southern hemisphere have a little different schedule for seasons. Maybe it will be released by Fall 2015 for the southern hemisphere :)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We were told at the LDSTech conference during the LCR presentation that the calling of Visiting Teaching Coordinator will have INPUT permission for visiting teaching when it eventually becomes available.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

johnshaw wrote:We were told at the LDSTech conference during the LCR presentation that the calling of Visiting Teaching Coordinator will have INPUT permission for visiting teaching when it eventually becomes available.
This is good news! Recently our VT Coordinator requested access to MLS so she could input all the VT data, but if this becomes available, maybe she won't have to travel to the chapel or have access. Even though we all live a hop and a skip away from it.

Did they happen to mention anything about the HT District Supervisors? Will they also have input permissions?
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

No, VT Coordinator is the only calling, other than the presidency - also, this is Mid-2015 and is extremely likely to PUSH dates. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it is coming!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”