HT report by companionship for 12 months

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
martylori

HT report by companionship for 12 months

Post by martylori »

Is it possible to create a report showing HT results by companionship for a twelve month period? Our Stake President wants to identify the Stake's best home teachers over the last year.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: HT report by companionship for 12 months

Post by russellhltn »

I know you can get the HT history by family, but I don't think it's tracked by companionship. Also, any history you get will be affected by moveouts - they drop off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

martylori wrote:Is it possible to create a report showing HT results by companionship for a twelve month period? Our Stake President wants to identify the Stake's best home teachers over the last year.
By design, home teaching history is not stored for a companionship or an individual home teacher. The only history stored is the history of visits for a family.
martylori

Post by martylori »

That is what I thought. Is there any way to view results by family for a twelve month period? It looks like it is limited to the last three months.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

martylori wrote:That is what I thought. Is there any way to view results by family for a twelve month period? It looks like it is limited to the last three months.
An MLS custom report allows you to see 12 months of statistics.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'd never had my Stake President a list like this without commenting in a note about how statistics like this are potentially very mis-leading. This is self-reporting and the subjective nature of what is a 'visit' is takes away a value of a percentage IMHO.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One thing to keep in mind is that the report is how the family was visited. That is great if you are trying to see which families might need attention, but if you are trying to see how a companionship did it is only accurate back to the last family assignment change. So if my companionship was reassigned this month to a family that hadn't be visited for a year it would look like we were the poor home teachers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that the report is how the family was visited. That is great if you are trying to see which families might need attention, but if you are trying to see how a companionship did it is only accurate back to the last family assignment change. So if my companionship was reassigned this month to a family that hadn't be visited for a year it would look like we were the poor home teachers.
Likewise, it won't reflect any families that have moved out. So if a companionship skipped a family, but they subsequently moved out, it will look like they have a perfect record.

Bottom line, if the SP just wants to identify some good teachers to give a talk, this will help. If the idea is to award a "top teacher", it's iffy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”