ASL video on English receiver

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
drepouille

ASL video on English receiver

Post by drepouille »

Our stake center has one satellite receiver for English (channel 4) and Spanish (channel 5), and another receiver for ASL (channel 6). For the past week or so, all three channels have been displaying ASL video.

I don't understand how our English/Spanish receiver is displaying ASL video. I opened the back of the cabinet and traced all the cables, and I believe everything is connected properly. I even disconnected some cables temporarily to confirm the wiring.

Some members don't like to watch the split-screen ASL video, so we have just connected a laptop to a projector and streamed General Conference from lds.org, bypassing the satellite broadcast altogether.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ASL video on English receiver

Post by russellhltn »

Two possibilities comes to mind. The first is that the ASL video is getting routed to all modulators. This would be easy to test - push the menu button on the ASL receiver and see if it shows up in all channels. (Note that the menu will turn itself off after a few seconds on inactivity.)

The second is that the English receiver has been tuned to the ASL channel. For that, I'd call GSD and make sure the two receivers have been programmed properly. (And by that, I mean they need to check and make sure it's in the right group. I had to call several times when I tried to re-purpose a ASL receiver.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ASL video on English receiver

Post by russellhltn »

Oh, and when support has the receivers straightened out, come back at least a day later and make sure they're still the right way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Satellite”