Generating lists from quarterly report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
greggo

Generating lists from quarterly report

Post by greggo »

It's been a number of years since I regularly participated in these forums, so I apologize if this question has already been answered, and I just can't find it.
I seem to recall that there used to be an easy way to get lists of those used in the "denominator" number (no. of families, Mel PH, YM, etc.) when viewing the quarterly report data. But now, it appears this function is no longer available. I used to use these lists all the time, because data would change from the end of the quarter until the time to submit the report (for instance, it wouldn't make sense to show a member as attending, if their record was moved out before the end of the quarter).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Generating lists from quarterly report

Post by aebrown »

greggo wrote:It's been a number of years since I regularly participated in these forums, so I apologize if this question has already been answered, and I just can't find it.
I seem to recall that there used to be an easy way to get lists of those used in the "denominator" number (no. of families, Mel PH, YM, etc.) when viewing the quarterly report data. But now, it appears this function is no longer available. I used to use these lists all the time, because data would change from the end of the quarter until the time to submit the report (for instance, it wouldn't make sense to show a member as attending, if their record was moved out before the end of the quarter).
That capability is certainly available on Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) on LDS.org. Just click on the blue numbers in the quarterly report, and you'll see the list of people that make up that number.
rnf1971

Quarterly Report: Missing Hyperlink for "Potential" Totals

Post by rnf1971 »

There are multiple categories in the Quarterly Report that you're supposed to count, including the following:

14 Melchizedek Priesthood holders attending priesthood or Primary meetings
15 Prospective elders attending priesthood meetings
16 Women attending Relief Society, Young Women, or Primary meetings
17 Young single adults attending priesthood or Relief Society meetings
18 Young men attending priesthood meetings
19 Young women attending Sunday Young Women meetings
21 Children ages 3 through 11 years (as of 1 January) attending Primary[/list]

My recollection is that the Quarterly Reports in the LCR on lds.org previously had a hyperlink for the total of "Potential" persons falling into these categories, which linked to a list of the persons. This was convenient for making a roll for gathering the requested information.

Unfortunately, when I go on LCR, these hyperlinks have been removed from the current Quarterly Report (3rd Quarter 2014). I expect that I'll still be able to get these rolls using MLS on the computer at the ward house. However, it would be much more convenient to do this online.

Am I mis-remembering the previous LCR functionality or is this a problem that other people are having?
cougar04

Post by cougar04 »

I am having the same problem. It worked for me on the 2nd quarter report but currently does not work for the 3rd quarter report. I have tried it on my mac, pc and tablet but it does not work on any of them. It is a great feature that helps our auxiliary secretaries report back to me - makes it so much easier for them.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cougar04 wrote:I am having the same problem. It worked for me on the 2nd quarter report but currently does not work for the 3rd quarter report. I have tried it on my mac, pc and tablet but it does not work on any of them.
I just tried it on my Windows 7 PC, and it still works like it always has. I'm using the 3rd Quarter report. I tried it on IE11, Chrome, and Firefox -- all worked just fine.

So to verify: you are clicking on the actual numbers in the report, and those numbers are blue. Some of the numbers are black (such as the Potential number for line 7, Sacrament Meeting Attendance), but most of the numbers in the Potential and Actual columns are blue (certainly both the Potential and Actual numbers in lines 1-6 are clickable for me).

When you say you're "having the same problem," what do you mean? Are those numbers not blue? When you hover over them does your browser show a URL, as with other links? What happens when you click on them?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Quarterly Report: Missing Hyperlink for "Potential" Tota

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator Note: I moved this post from the Links & Resources forum into this existing topic for this issue.]
rnf1971 wrote:Am I mis-remembering the previous LCR functionality or is this a problem that other people are having?
The details you supplied might shed some light on the other posts in this topic. Since those other posts made blanket statements about links not working, I've been testing with the earlier lines (such as 1-6), and assumed that all was well.

However, you mentioned specific lines 14-21 that don't have links. I don't recall whether those particular lines worked in the past, but indeed, those lines aren't links at this point. Some of the numbers match links on other lines (Line 11 Actual is the same as Line 12 Potential, 14 Potential = 4 Actual, 10 Actual = 7 Potential, 14 Potential = 5 Potential, 18 Potential = 16 Potential). But several other useful links are not available.

Reports for most of the remaining numbers can be obtained on the Member List, but those reports aren't frozen in time for the actual end of the quarter, so they're not as accurate or as convenient.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I wonder if access to certain lists is tied to calling?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:I wonder if access to certain lists is tied to calling?
That would be strange indeed, particularly since (as I noted previously) some of the numbers that should be links produce the exact same lists as other numbers that are links.

Do you have any evidence for your supposition? Can you see links on lines 14-19 or 21?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

None of the wards in my stake have submitted their quarterly report yet, so 14–21 are all zeros and unclickable, so I can't verify or counter.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:None of the wards in my stake have submitted their quarterly report yet, so 14–21 are all zeros and unclickable, so I can't verify or counter.
For 14-19 and 21, we're talking about the Potential numbers. Those don't change when the report is submitted. So if they're not clickable now, they won't be after submission.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”