Gospel Library doesn't update content

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
carrotsails

Gospel Library doesn't update content

Post by carrotsails »

My Ensigns and everything haven't updated since I downloaded the app in July. So, I also don't have the most current Teachings of Presidents of the Church. I've gone in and downloaded newer versions, requested it to 'subscribe', but I can't seem to get anything new as they come out. What in the world am I doing wrong???? :(
wmkl

Re: Gospel Library doesn't update content

Post by wmkl »

Have I pad 1 and can't download new manuals Teaching of the Presidents on the 2.5 version since I pad one has iOS 5.0 can't download since 3.0 version requests IOS 7.0 or newer.
When will new manuals be avail for 2014 in the version 2.5 ?
Tests say I have newest version of IOS which is 5.02 What is your take?
tomus

Post by tomus »

I have been having this problem too, pretty much since iOS 3 came out. It kept forgetting my subscriptions each time I updated the app. However, the trigger that made me search out this tech.lds.org site was that the subscribe option seems to have vanished in 3.4.6. I can't find it anywhere.

Now granted, I don't use the iOS version much anymore. I had it on an iPod Touch but I now have an Android smartphone and I use that instead. The subscribe feature on the Android version of GL works beautifully and never forgets anything. It's the iOS version that I've had all the trouble with.

I gather that LDS app developers don't visit this site much. Is there a place I can report this (just in case they are not aware) and ask to make certain the feature is "supposed" to be gone from the iOS 3.4.6 release?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tomus wrote:Is there a place I can report this (just in case they are not aware) and ask to make certain the feature is "supposed" to be gone from the iOS 3.4.6 release?
There is a feedback link found in the Help menu for the application. Or you can send a message to ios-support@ldsmail.net.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomus

Post by tomus »

Thanks to jdlessley for the support email. They verified that the feature has been removed because of problems with "subscribe" on the iOS version causing all available content to download (which I believe has been noted elsewhere in this forum).

When I asked if the feature would be added back in, the developer said that their priorities are currently focused on other matters such as HTML 5.

The latest version of the Android app (released today) still has the subscribe feature, and I've never had problems with it on that platform.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”