Sync Between Devices

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ThomasLDS01

Sync Between Devices

Post by ThomasLDS01 »

Are there any plans to offer the ability to sync where you are reading between devices like whispersync does for the kindle app.

Would be nice not to have to manually advance the tablet in the evening after reading on the phone whilst out for example.

Thomas
GreyWolf68

Re: Sync Between Devices

Post by GreyWolf68 »

If you sign in to the app with your LDS Account, you can sync bookmarks across devices. A device must be connected to the internet either through wi-fi or cellular to sync.
ThomasLDS01

Post by ThomasLDS01 »

If I sign in on both devices it will copy over any highlights and notes I've made.

However if I have a screen open on my tablet reading 1st Nephi 20 say before bed and I read through till chapter 22. I'd like the screen on my phone to move to chapter 22 as well so when I pick it up at work I can carry on reading.

How do I do that?

Thanks,

Thomas
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think this request needs some careful thought. The feature is designed for sequential reading - like how one normally reads a book. Which is fine for personal study - but would be disrupted when using GL for following along in class, because now your last place is lost.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ThomasLDS01

Post by ThomasLDS01 »

There would have to be some way to enable it on a particular tab, so that you could have a tab for Church classes etc.

I'm no coding expert not sure if it would be possible but could be a nice feature.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Suggestion: a special bookmark. It only updates if you use that bookmark to goto your last spot. If you use any other link(s), the auto-update is turned off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ThomasLDS01

Post by ThomasLDS01 »

Sounds good. Do the development team see this or is it better to submit feedback from in the app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ThomasLDS01 wrote:Sounds good. Do the development team see this or is it better to submit feedback from in the app.
I'd send feedback.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”