Missing 2015 Restrictions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
codyschouten

Missing 2015 Restrictions

Post by codyschouten »

I went to block out some time in January 2015 and I noticed that none of the restrictions are showing for 2015. The main calendar has events in 2015 but the restrictions section is completely blank. I'm pretty sure that I had a few restrictions in January. Is anybody else seeing this problem? Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Missing 2015 Restrictions

Post by aebrown »

codyschouten wrote:I went to block out some time in January 2015 and I noticed that none of the restrictions are showing for 2015. The main calendar has events in 2015 but the restrictions section is completely blank. I'm pretty sure that I had a few restrictions in January. Is anybody else seeing this problem? Any ideas?
I see plenty of restrictions for buildings in my stake for January 2015.

One thing to note is that repeating restrictions, just like repeating events, can be set for a maximum of 2 years into the future. If your events were set back at the beginning of 2013, then they could have only repeated through the end of 2014. So it's possible that the repeating rules for your restrictions have simply expired.

If that's the case, you just need to extend each restriction into the future by editing one of the restrictions that shows in 2014. In the Repeating section of the restriction details, change the End Date under "Repeats Until" to be a date in 2016 (or at least 31 December 2015) so that your restrictions will last through 2015. Then when you save it (by clicking "Update Restriction") you should choose the option to change "All following restrictions".
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

codyschouten wrote:I went to block out some time in January 2015 and I noticed that none of the restrictions are showing for 2015. The main calendar has events in 2015 but the restrictions section is completely blank. I'm pretty sure that I had a few restrictions in January. Is anybody else seeing this problem? Any ideas?
I think I am seeing this as well. I cannot confirm I actually had restrictions into 2015, but I cannot yet extend any into 2015.

I also make/save a restriction for January, which it seems to do, but it does not show up in the restrictions calendar.
I've gone to restrictions that end in December of 2014, and extend them into 2015, and they have disappeared from the restrictions calendar, even for 2014.

Events scheduling rooms and buildings seem to show up just fine for 2015, but with the restrictions, something is up on our calendar....
Apparently aebrown's calendar is working. Any else confirm their calendar is not working for restrictions for 2015 as well?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't see any restriction for 2014 on our calendar, but I can't swear that we ever added any.

I was able to add a single restriction for this week. So it seems to be working ok for me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Upon further investigation, it appears that I can enter a restriction in either 2014 or 2015 for a unit, or for the stake, but I can no longer use the restriction "Blocked-Location Unavailable" option for any building, which is the only restriction we used in 2014.

If you enter such a restriction and choose that option, in either the current year or 2015, it will appear to save, but won't exist on the restrictions calendar. If you modify an existing restriction from the unit or stake restriction to "blocked-location unavailable" and save, it will not by modified when you call it back up and will be the original restriction.

I don't know if "Blocked-location unavailable" was the type of restriction the OP was using...But that option is broken for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kisaac wrote:Upon further investigation, it appears that I can enter a restriction in either 2014 or 2015 for a unit, or for the stake, but I can no longer use the restriction "Blocked-Location Unavailable" option for any building, which is the only restriction we used in 2014.
I was able to make a "Blocked-Location Unavailable" and have it show in the restriction calendar. To make sure it didn't conflict with anything else, I made it for the chapel at 2AM. But it did work.

Could your test have failed because of an event scheduled at the same time?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eyordy

Post by eyordy »

I too am having problems with restrictions. When I create a restriction with "blocked - location unavailable" and then later go back to the restriction, the "restricted to" box goes back to "select a unit" I am not clear if this blocks people from scheduling the location or not.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eyordy wrote:I too am having problems with restrictions. When I create a restriction with "blocked - location unavailable" and then later go back to the restriction, the "restricted to" box goes back to "select a unit" I am not clear if this blocks people from scheduling the location or not.
That should be easy to test. IIRC, no one can schedule anything on top of a blocked restriction - not even the Building Scheduler.

eyordy

Post by eyordy »

Russell,

That did work as a test - I couldn't schedule when I put the restriction in. But when I go in to a restriction to see who the contact person might be, it resets it to "select unit"
davidrichey

Re: Cannot add restrictions

Post by davidrichey »

We are an established stake and I cannot add any restrictions in 2015.

Return to “Calendar”