Reporting bad conduct

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Jenniestephens

Reporting bad conduct

Post by Jenniestephens »

If we know of someone who has committed something against church beliefs, how can we report them?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Reporting bad conduct

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this post from the Filing Disciplinary Council forms online topic, since it deals with a separate issue.]
Jenniestephens wrote:If we know of someone who has committed something against church beliefs, how can we report them?
I'd recommend that you speak with your bishop. If the person you are speaking of is in your ward, then your bishop would want to know; if the person is in another ward, then your bishop can decide if the matter should be referred to that person's bishop.
gregwanderson

Re: Reporting bad conduct

Post by gregwanderson »

Doctrine and Covenants Section 42
88 And if thy brother or sister offend thee, thou shalt take him or her between him or her and thee alone; and if he or she confess thou shalt be reconciled.

89 And if he or she confess not thou shalt deliver him or her up unto the church, not to the members, but to the elders. And it shall be done in a meeting, and that not before the world.
...in this case, I would agree that "the elders" could easily be "the bishop" within the principle being taught. Are you certain this person is going against the church? Do you need to get their side of the story? But, yes, a priesthood leader is the best person to take action if any is necessary so leave it to their stewardship.

Return to “Reports and Forms”