Building Admins still called schedulers

For community testing of Calender releases.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Building Admins still called schedulers

Post by russellhltn »

From Is it a Restriction or an Event?
vlott wrote:2009 Release - Building schedulers renamed to building admins
They're still called "Building Schedulers" in the locations screen.

(This this the first I've heard of the name change - and I'm all for it.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Building Admins still called schedulers

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
vlott wrote:2009 Release - Building schedulers renamed to building admins
They're still called "Building Schedulers" in the locations screen.
You're certainly correct that the term "Building Admin" has never appeared in any documentation or in the application, so I don't know of any context where it would be true that "Building schedulers [were] renamed to building admins" -- in 2009 or any other time.
russellhltn wrote:(This this the first I've heard of the name change - and I'm all for it.)
I think the term "Building Scheduler" has created even more confusion than the term "Reservations" (which is now "Restrictions"). So I'm all for something different.

I worry a bit that the term "Building Admin" implies more than they can actually do. For example, they still can't add or remove rooms from the building, nor can they assign units to it, nor can they assign other Building Admins, nor can they change the name or make it available for scheduling. But I can't think of a better term that fits their capabilities at this point.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:You're certainly correct that the term "Building Admin" has never appeared in any documentation or in the application,
So, I'm not the only one that missed that. :)

russellhltn wrote:I worry a bit that the term "Building Admin" implies more than they can actually do. For example, they still can't add or remove rooms from the building, nor can they assign units to it, nor can they assign other Building Admins, nor can they change the name or make it available for scheduling. But I can't think of a better term that fits their capabilities at this point.
As much as I'd like to get away from the root word "schedule", the truth is that's the area where all their power lie. If we're suggesting alternatives, there is "coordinator" and my pick "supervisor". Hopefully no one would expect a "Building Scheduling Supervisor" (Or perhaps "Building Supervisor") to be hands-on any more than a VT Supervisor is. It also implies there are people above (admin) and below (the ones being supervised).

But I'd welcome any change from old phraseology to emphasis that there's a new paradigm in town.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

You know I have always called them Building Schedulers

We should be consistent everywhere though.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aebrown wrote:I worry a bit that the term "Building Admin" implies more than they can actually do. For example, they still can't add or remove rooms from the building, nor can they assign units to it, nor can they assign other Building Admins, nor can they change the name or make it available for scheduling. But I can't think of a better term that fits their capabilities at this point.
I think it'd make a lot of sense for Building Schedulers to be given these permissions. Is it only a stake presidency member or stake clerk who can do that, currently?

If these permissions could be added for Building Schedulers, I like the term "Building Admin."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Is it only a stake presidency member or stake clerk who can do that, currently?
Only stake calendar administrators, which include the stake presidency and stake clerks.

gdow

Post by gdow »

Does this include the Stake Executive Secretary. Maybe we have it wrong, but in our stake I have the calendar assignment. It sort of goes along with scheduling the stake presidency.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gdow wrote:Does this include the Stake Executive Secretary. Maybe we have it wrong, but in our stake I have the calendar assignment. It sort of goes along with scheduling the stake presidency.
Yes, default stake calendar administrators include the stake executive secretary. I don't think any of the previous mentions of calendar administrators were intended to be a comprehensive list. A full list is found in the help system under Rights and Roles.
gdow

Post by gdow »

Thanks, I see where I am going wrong....the difference between editor and administrator.

Thanks!

Return to “Beta Calendar”